Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slick9

Manual calculation for takeoff ...

Does anyone know a way to manually calculate the required runway length for takeoffs, throwing in altitude, temp, weight, and all the other ingredients? I know it may only give an estimate but that would still be good enough for me. The primary aircraft I use is the 747-400. Thanks for the help guys!!Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does anyone know a way to manually calculate the required runway length for takeoffs, throwing in altitude, temp, weight, and all the other ingredients? I know it may only give an estimate but that would still be good enough for me. The primary aircraft I use is the 747-400. Thanks for the help guys!!Richard
Hi Richard,This is the best tool out there. http://www.topcatsim.com/?page=downloadRob

TOPCAT looks great - but, no MD-11 support. The moment they provide this, I'll buy it.

Thanks for the ideas gents. I did look at TOPCAT but I don't want to spend the dough on it just yet. I'm trying to limit myself to a $50 a month budget for FS after spending a bundle on my dream system. And this month I plan on adding the Eaglesoft Citation X to my hanger. I did find some takeoff charts on line that I will use to give me a rough calculation. This all came about because I flew in to Madagascar on my way to Sydney, and unfortunately, on takeoff from Madagascar, I couldn't get off the runway because of the altitude weight combo. So with the charts, I should be able to determine whether I need to lighten up or not. I will purchase TOPCAT at a later date. Thanks

Even though I recommend purchasing for his hard work it's free for the 747. Have a proper read download it and pay when your ready.Rob