Sign in to follow this  
Guest tae093

Airport with no METAR information

Guest tae093

Hi to all, I have just bought ASA, and I am happy with it, thermals and vertical air is just amazing and so real, but I have a problem, I generally fly in Ecuador, where we only have 4 weather stations, SEQU; SEGU; SEMT and SELT, their are international airports. My problem is when I fly to any airport out of any of them, for example SECU, I always get for example 200 00, always wind calm, and it happen in all airport without METAR information, is any way to make the METAR of SEGU working in SECU for example or another closest?, I don

Guest tae093

Now another problem:SEQU 132243Z 08003KT 6000S 8000N RA BKN020 OVC100 12/11 Q1024 RMK A3025 TEMPO 4000Have this METAR in Quito, and I have no vis reduction or any rain, whats going on?

Have you left it on the ground for 5 minutes or so for it all to load up? It does seem abit slow in getting the weather compared to the last versions. I can't really comment if you've just landed as im in the middle of doing my first full flight using ASA, so I will see if the weather is instantly how it is in the metar when I arrive.

Hello,I see some unexpected format there in the visibility elements of that Metar (the S and N) which ASA cannot parse and may be affecting the RA element as well. We will look at this in detail.As to the lack of weather when far outside these airports, there is interpolation being used but the improper parsing may be causing problems here. Again we will investigate this. Thanks for the report.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest tae093

@samufcThe plane were on ground for 20 minutes, and no rain :( @hifi55Thanks for the answer I will wait for future updates for ASA, here in Ecuador some times we have special METARs, different to other airports, for example SEMT some times report visibility like this: 9999NDV FEW042 BKN056 BKN072 09/M03 Q1016 or 3000S 8000N VCFG FEW005 SCT030 BKN100 13/11 Q1026 TEMPO 4000 or 8000S 9999N TS FEW020CB SCT040TCU and finally 01007KT 8000SW 9999NE VCSH SCT016 BKN080 Bye!

Interesting. Thanks for the information.Since we can only use one visibility, not multiple "Directional Variants", perhaps we will default to the first one provided and ignore additional ones. We'll get it sorted. Thanks again!Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest tae093

Thaks Damian, will wait for that fix.

Guest tae093

Hi again, I have another problem, now I have the same METAR in all Ecuador, and I dont have TAF information. Some screens attached.

Hi,In ASA, Force to Real Time and see if that makes a difference.Thanks,

Guest tae093

Hi again, yesterday I wanted to make a flight in Quito because the airport was close do to bad weather, 2 kilometers of visibility, so I open ASA, and I saw this:Perfect, the METAR is up to date.Then I opened FS and I start flying around Quito in a Embraer 170, and the sim look like this:Look like a normal cloudy day... Then I get mad with ASA :( and I closed it, and magic!There are the two kilometers of visibility!But I opened again ASA and all the fog go away... again...That is my story... I hope you guys can find a fix for it.Bye!

Hi,Please let me see your Visibility Options screen in ASA.Thanks,

Hi,Those are all good.In FSUIPC are you using default settings and weather settings Off?Thanks,

Guest tae093

Yes, I press the wheather setting off button, long time ago.