Sign in to follow this  

I only get cumulus clouds appearing within a short range of the plane although i have set to Overcast, and cloud draw and cloud coverage both on Max in FSX. Other clous like cirrus are in view 360deg and extending to the horizon. Also the cumulus i fly thru then quickly have disappeared when I look back.I am sure that when I first used ASA I could see cumulus all round upto the horizon if I set to Overcast.If I only use FSX weather and not ASA then cumulus fill the sky and remains visible throughout.Second query I have is regarding Visibilty options. Not sure as to what I am setting as visible ! Is it the horizon, clouds. sorry to be dumb on this one but I just seek clarification.Many thanks

Hi,Obviously the weather conditions at the time can greatly affect the graphical depiction. If you enable DWC this will also enable global wx mode which can extend the weather depiction out to the horizon, perhaps you have disabled this? Either way if the conditions are synthesized for a less cloudy sky it may be normal.Sometimes FSX can also reduce the drawing of clouds if you have a heavily burdened system, i.e. lots of scenery/terrain/AI in the area which reduces available resources for clouds. Reducing your locked/target frame rate can improve things if this is the case, we recommend approximately 25FPS.Does this help?Best,Regarding Visibility Options.. which one do you refer to? In general, "Visibility" refers to the maximum view distance caused by a restriction to visibility such as fog, smog, dust, haze, etc. In general the average true visibility in a normal fair weather/normal air stability situtation is approximately 30sm.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi,Obviously the weather conditions at the time can greatly affect the graphical depiction. If you enable DWC this will also enable global wx mode which can extend the weather depiction out to the horizon, perhaps you have disabled this? Either way if the conditions are synthesized for a less cloudy sky it may be normal.Sometimes FSX can also reduce the drawing of clouds if you have a heavily burdened system, i.e. lots of scenery/terrain/AI in the area which reduces available resources for clouds. Reducing your locked/target frame rate can improve things if this is the case, we recommend approximately 25FPS.Does this help?Best,Regarding Visibility Options.. which one do you refer to? In general, "Visibility" refers to the maximum view distance caused by a restriction to visibility such as fog, smog, dust, haze, etc. In general the average true visibility in a normal fair weather/normal air stability situtation is approximately 30sm.Best,Thanks for your input. I do have DWC enabled and have been referring to an edited weather scenario where I have edited to have overcast for example. The depiction eventually appears and I get thick all round cloud but it is within a short range of the plane but certainly not anywhere near to the 360deg view.I also dont understand the disappearance of clouds behind you so quickly. I fly thru Overcast, thick cloud for a few miles, look behind and it is clear blue sunny sky with no cloud in view except maybe a refreshed set of clouds in front of me.I am going to try your suggestion and I will test by reducing all my settings in FSX to low in order just to concentrate on the weather. Before I do, do you have a suggested ASA setting you can give me which you feel should remedy, under the test conditions, my problem.Many thanks