Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Midnight

loading flightplans

hello folks im sure this question has been asked many times so please forgive me if i ask this question,im running fs9 on my main com and i have all of my other software running from a networked laptop computer all is working well.radar contac , active sky, flightsim commander, all are working better than i thought .here is what im wanting to do, im wanting to get a flightplan into radar contac, and get that same plan to import into the level d FMC. or if i cannot get that option can i get a flight plan that i can load into radar contact and then key in the plan in the fmc.my first thought was to go to route finder and then get a route and then key it in the fmc , but how can i get the same route in radar contact.am i making this to hard.also i here that fs build is good , but i chose flightsim commander because of the networking capabilities and the moving map and running it on another com.it really works great.as i said this is probably a dead horse.thanks ...this level d is a graet plane.............Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hello folks im sure this question has been asked many times so please forgive me if i ask this question,im running fs9 on my main com and i have all of my other software running from a networked laptop computer all is working well.radar contac , active sky, flightsim commander, all are working better than i thought .here is what im wanting to do, im wanting to get a flightplan into radar contac, and get that same plan to import into the level d FMC. or if i cannot get that option can i get a flight plan that i can load into radar contact and then key in the plan in the fmc.my first thought was to go to route finder and then get a route and then key it in the fmc , but how can i get the same route in radar contact.am i making this to hard.also i here that fs build is good , but i chose flightsim commander because of the networking capabilities and the moving map and running it on another com.it really works great.as i said this is probably a dead horse.thanks ...this level d is a graet plane.............Robert
sorry i can't help much, i'm not an fmc dude.all i know, all i need, is a .pln in fs9 or fsx format. the gotcha - don't use any save-as and export functions in the third party planners. just save it as a fs9 or fsx .plnjd

Maybe this will help. I run FSX,Flight Sim Commander, and Radar Contact. Then I fly the Level D 767 with no problems.Create flight plan in FSC. When you save it make sure two boxes are checked-Flight Sim Pln and Level D plan. This creates two files. One that FSX (or FS9?) reads and one that should automatically save in your Level D flight plan folder. Start Radar Contact and load the Flight Sim saved plan. Run Flight Sim and load your plane and the flight plan. In the Level D FMC load the company route plan you saved by checking the FMC level d save box. It should come into the airplane's FMC. All three programs should now have the same plan and you should be ready to perf init the Level D.Hope this helpsBarry

Hi,I may have the solution for you. I use the free version of vRoute which has thousands of flight plans. In the free version you can export a plan to FS9/FSX format so that takes care of RC's requirements. You can also export to FSCommander v8.x format if you use that so you can manipulate the plan adding a SID/STAR if necessary.The premium version allows you to export it to several payware aircraft including the LDS767. If you don't want to buy the premium version you can manually enter the route. Here's the route for Heathrow - Paris. MID R803 SFD M605 XIDIL UM605 DPEThe plan starts at the end of the SID and the beginning of the STAR. If you want to include SID and STAR waypoints for RC then export to FSCommander format and use that to add them. You can add SIDs and STARs from within your FMC. Just make sure the waypoints match. :( It's a bit of extra work to use vRoute and ideally you need a Navigraph account but I've used this system for over a year now and haven't found anything better. The Premium version of vRoute also includes a fuel calculator for several aircraft and I'm seriously considering switching to it. www.vroute.net/

Hi,I may have the solution for you. I use the free version of vRoute which has thousands of flight plans. In the free version you can export a plan to FS9/FSX format so that takes care of RC's requirements. You can also export to FSCommander v8.x format if you use that so you can manipulate the plan adding a SID/STAR if necessary.The premium version allows you to export it to several payware aircraft including the LDS767. If you don't want to buy the premium version you can manually enter the route. Here's the route for Heathrow - Paris. MID R803 SFD M605 XIDIL UM605 DPEThe plan starts at the end of the SID and the beginning of the STAR. If you want to include SID and STAR waypoints for RC then export to FSCommander format and use that to add them. You can add SIDs and STARs from within your FMC. Just make sure the waypoints match. :( It's a bit of extra work to use vRoute and ideally you need a Navigraph account but I've used this system for over a year now and haven't found anything better. The Premium version of vRoute also includes a fuel calculator for several aircraft and I'm seriously considering switching to it. www.vroute.net/
Thanks for the reply, i have a small account with navigraph and all i use it for is to get up dates on airacs , is that what you use it for.or do you use navigraph for more.i have been looking at the site vroute and it looks to be what im looking for as far as planning a flight and then loading it in my fmc.i do however have a question that you might know.in the real world do the pilots have to enter in each leg or is it automatically done, i know that they must check to make sure it is correct but how do they know how to plan it out.there are times when i want to enter the legs and there are times on long flights i just want to export it in automatically.Thanks again for your folks help.Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply, i have a small account with navigraph and all i use it for is to get up dates on airacs , is that what you use it for.or do you use navigraph for more.
Primarily for the monthly AIRAC update although I have bought a few airport diagrams. I probably update my AIRAC about 8-9 times a year.
i have been looking at the site vroute and it looks to be what im looking for as far as planning a flight and then loading it in my fmc.
For a freesite it's excellent. Premium membership gives you considerably more for a one-off payment. The only reason I've held back is because of the weak Pound against the Euro but we're not talking huge sums so I'll go for it very soon.
i do however have a question that you might know.in the real world do the pilots have to enter in each leg or is it automatically done, i know that they must check to make sure it is correct but how do they know how to plan it out.there are times when i want to enter the legs and there are times on long flights i just want to export it in automatically.Thanks again for your folks help.
In the real world the routes are retrieved using the CO Route option (Company Route). They are not entered by hand. You can do the same. If you want to display all routes that include EGCC enter EGCC into the scratchpad and hit CO Route. But you should only save a route excluding the SID and STAR waypoints. In other words, it should be a generic route which is the beauty of the vRoute plans.I hope you're not entering each waypoint in your plans. If you look back to the route I supplied for EGLL-LFPG it only takes 3 entries to get the route entered. After choosing the MIDhurst SID you enter R803.SFD and enter it on the RTE page. All the waypoints from MID to SFD are automatically entered by the FMC. Likewise with the next entry M605.XIDIL which will populate the plan with the next set of waypoints. That's why plans are supplied in that fashion. Imagine how long it would take if every waypoint was entered manaully on EGLL-WSSS. :(