Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phrgflyer

Fuel Planner

I am trying to find a fuel Planner for the MD-11, Either chart or FCOMHarry Nelson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry but there were some charts posted here a couple of days ago but I'm afraid you've missed out. Unfortunately, no data regarding fuel planning is allowed to be distributed by PMDG or even posted on this forum. The FMC is the most accurate fuel planner you can use. Enter the route, including SID/STARs and approach is possible. Enter all your weight information and then enter a block fuel that gives you about 30 mins of extra fuel. Once you've done that, enter it into the PMDG options fuel loader or use the refuel utility in the FMC itself.

The FMC is the most accurate fuel planner you can use. Enter the route, including SID/STARs and approach is possible. Enter all your weight information and then enter a block fuel that gives you about 30 mins of extra fuel. Once you've done that, enter it into the PMDG options fuel loader or use the refuel utility in the FMC itself.
This is what I am trying to figure out, I have a 4366 mile flight to file, what do I do just, out of the blue sky add 230,000 lbs of fuel to the aircraft, possibly putting the aircraft in an overweight position, then where do i stand on landing, I will possibly have to dump fuel in order to stay within the landing weight. It seems as PMDG would give some better guidelines on fuel consumption or planning. I find the MD-11 an excellent aircraft and the systems are modeled fabulously, the only drawback I see to it is in Fuel Planning.Harry Nelson

......t. Unfortunately, no data regarding fuel planning is allowed to be distributed by PMDG or even posted on this forum.
New law hidden inside the 1100 page stimulis package...... :(

I find the MD-11 an excellent aircraft and the systems are modeled fabulously, the only drawback I see to it is in Fuel Planning.Harry Nelson
Try here: FSBuildSteve Park

It seems as PMDG would give some better guidelines on fuel consumption or planning.
They have done just that long time ago but you need to search this forum.. post by Vangelis.

There was an excellent 3d party free app for this but I cannot for the life of me find it now.NO serious simmer is going to be happy with using the FMC.We need to plan these things BEFORE getting into the cockpit.