Sign in to follow this  
doc1956

FSX Hovercontrol Autopilot - Any users who can assist?

Folks,I have downloaded and installed the Autopilot for FSX developed by Dirk Fassbender. Unfortunately, although the Annunciator appears ok there are no indications at all on the display, just a blank display? When I turn Avionics power on or off the Stab yellow indicator turns on and off and the controls animate when I click Heading increase or decrease etc but nothing displays on the Annunciator at all?Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this please?My Panel.cfg looks like this://--------------------------------------------------------[Window07]Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=300,300window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=1ident=80window_size= 0.300, 0.330window_pos= 0.700, 0.360gauge00=AS532AFCP!AFCP,0,130,300,131,afcp.cfggauge01=AS532AFCP!Annunciator,0,0,300,130gauge02=HAP!HAP,193,132,8,8,ap1.cfgI have copied the AFCP.cfg and AP1.cfg files into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator XI have also copied HAP.GAU and AS532AFCP.GAU into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GaugesThank you.Paul

Folks,I am posting this for anyone looking for information about Dirk Fassbender's Autopilot that may help them overcome the issues I initially had.I have the Autopilot working now and the 'solution' was painfully simple. A chap over at Hovercontrol responded to my inquiry and indicated that the Stabilization (STAB control) should be off initially, which was never the case for me. In my installation I was never able to turn the STAB light off so display of Flight Data wasn't occurring and the display was always blank (the STAB light needs to be turned off for flight data to display and for Autopilot functions to be selected).Anyway, for anyone interested in this beaut Helo Autopilot for FSX:I placed the 2 configuration files (AFCP.cfg and AP1.cfg) in the Flight Simulator X main directory located at:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\The 2 Gauges HAP.gau and AS532AFCP.gau simply go into the Gauges directory at:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GaugesAmend the panel.cfg for the specific Helicopter you want to install the Autopilot into, as per the readme.txt in the downloaded files. The download is located at:http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageF...img=&tt=zipAfter installation, press the STAB button to turn the yellow STAB indicator light off. If you are unable to extinguish the light then just initially select any FSX default aircraft then select the Helicopter you wish to fly. The STAB indicator control should now work (successive presses turns it on and off), so turn thatoff to start using the Autopilot.I also amended a parameter in the Panel.cfg file to reduce the size of the Autopilot panel as follows:window_size= 0.200, 0.230I changed this from 0.300 and 0.330, respectively, but change yours to suit your monitor size and preferences.The developer's Website mentions that this Autopilot doesn't like the FSX Pause button but you can get around that after pausing FSX by pressing the STAB light back on (this lets you take manual control), then press Pause to start the simulation again and once you have the Helo in the correct orientation turn the STAB light off, just re-set the Autopilot as you want it.There are further instructions on using the Autopilot at Dirk Fassbender's website located at:http://www.dirkfassbender.de/AFCP/index.htmlParts of it may apply to FS9 but it is helpful in FSX too.Paul

autopilot Hello Everybody .I want to know how we make to write in the panel . cfg due to the facnt that we can ' t open this file .I want to install the autopilot but I can not manage to do it , could you help me please .Thanks Pilot38

It is common for VISTA and Windows7 to BLOCK access when you install to the default location in the Programs folders.You need to TURN OFF UAC (User Access Control) and/or open Notepad as-administrator in order to edit cfg files.A Panel.cfg may also be inaccessible while using the aircraft. I know I cannot edit effects while they are in use but I CAN edit the aircraft.cfg.Should you need to re-install some day, it is easier to work with FSX if it is installed away from the PROGRAMS folders ( like C:\FSX or on a separate hard drive... G:\FSX). It does NOT need to be in the Programs folder.Loyd

Folks, I am posting this for anyone looking for information about Dirk Fassbender's Autopilot that may help them overcome the issues I initially had. I have the Autopilot working now and the 'solution' was painfully simple. A chap over at Hovercontrol responded to my inquiry and indicated that the Stabilization (STAB control) should be off initially, which was never the case for me. In my installation I was never able to turn the STAB light off so display of Flight Data wasn't occurring and the display was always blank (the STAB light needs to be turned off for flight data to display and for Autopilot functions to be selected). Anyway, for anyone interested in this beaut Helo Autopilot for FSX: I placed the 2 configuration files (AFCP.cfg and AP1.cfg) in the Flight Simulator X main directory located at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ The 2 Gauges HAP.gau and AS532AFCP.gau simply go into the Gauges directory at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges Amend the panel.cfg for the specific Helicopter you want to install the Autopilot into, as per the readme.txt in the downloaded files. The download is located at: http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageF...img=&tt=zip After installation, press the STAB button to turn the yellow STAB indicator light off. If you are unable to extinguish the light then just initially select any FSX default aircraft then select the Helicopter you wish to fly. The STAB indicator control should now work (successive presses turns it on and off), so turn thatoff to start using the Autopilot. I also amended a parameter in the Panel.cfg file to reduce the size of the Autopilot panel as follows: window_size= 0.200, 0.230 I changed this from 0.300 and 0.330, respectively, but change yours to suit your monitor size and preferences. The developer's Website mentions that this Autopilot doesn't like the FSX Pause button but you can get around that after pausing FSX by pressing the STAB light back on (this lets you take manual control), then press Pause to start the simulation again and once you have the Helo in the correct orientation turn the STAB light off, just re-set the Autopilot as you want it. There are further instructions on using the Autopilot at Dirk Fassbender's website located at: http://www.dirkfassb...AFCP/index.html Parts of it may apply to FS9 but it is helpful in FSX too. Paul
Hello Doc1956, if you are here, can you say me please how can I turn off the STAB CONTROL option?, thank you