Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mrdon

TBM

Just a thought not sure what the problem is other than me :( I have the C-47 and B-25 package and have no trouble at all taking off. I now have the TBM package and what can I say it's great as are the others. My problem is this I cannot get off the ground at all and stay there unless I have flaps and then it doesn't last long. On Take-off I have Mp and RPM on the red line and as the speed gets close to 100 I pull back on stick. It does not matter if I just move it a little the stall warning comes on and I ease forward but doesn't seem to help. As I said it's most likely me but don't know what to do. It's kind of like me trying to fly Helo's, can't get them off the ground either. It's hard to believe with the engine it has it can't just jump off the ground. I guess I have experience on C-47's. I've printed the manual and try to go by it as best I can. Oh well they say practice make perfect, back to the drawing board. I'd sure be dead if this was for real :( Anyone with simple instruction's other than jeto :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Don,Something very peculiar going on since the Turkey takes off and flies like a dream, with or without flaps. I am stumped as to what suggestion to offer. Does adjusting the takeoff weight alter the performance for you?Cheers, Bill

Hi Don,Something very peculiar going on since the Turkey takes off and flies like a dream, with or without flaps. I am stumped as to what suggestion to offer. Does adjusting the takeoff weight alter the performance for you?Cheers, Bill
Thanks Bill for reply. Something really wrong and not sure where to start. I went into MFS and changed setting to simple, I took off everything but the fuel and myself from TBM. set flaps to 30 and did mange to get into the air for a while until I pulled the flaps up and then down I went. Never had anything like this.Tried some other aircraft and no stall warning just smooth takeoff. I may just try to reinstall it. Thanks for suggestions and happy flying. I'll keep trying and if don't get it can always go back to my gonney birds. :(

The only thing I can add is a question about how you load the Avenger. Are you starting FS2004 with the default Cessna and then loading the Avenger, or are you using a custom plane and/or a custom Default Flight ? If the latter is the case you may be "inheriting" some setting or effect that is causing the Avenger problem.Cheers,Alastair

The only thing I can add is a question about how you load the Avenger. Are you starting FS2004 with the default Cessna and then loading the Avenger, or are you using a custom plane and/or a custom Default Flight ? If the latter is the case you may be "inheriting" some setting or effect that is causing the Avenger problem.Cheers,Alastair
Thanks everyone for you help, Got the problem fixed and having a ball flying. I went back and reinstalled the TBM package and all is well now. Happy flying everyone :(