Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Airbus

Problem with Megascenery & KSAN

I recently installed megascenery southern california V2 and it appears that all the gates and other surrounding objects for KSAN are now missing. I found that if I deactivate the SOCobjects folder, KSAN returns to what I had before. I renamed the KSAN file in the SOCobjects folder hoping that it was the culprit, but it was not the problem. Now I am confused! What file or file(s) are causing the problem? Should I just deactivate the whole SOCobjects folder? Is this a priority issue?Thanks for any help or suggestions! :( Airbus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I recently installed megascenery southern california V2 and it appears that all the gates and other surrounding objects for KSAN are now missing. I found that if I deactivate the SOCobjects folder, KSAN returns to what I had before. I renamed the KSAN file in the SOCobjects folder hoping that it was the culprit, but it was not the problem. Now I am confused! What file or file(s) are causing the problem? Should I just deactivate the whole SOCobjects folder? Is this a priority issue?Thanks for any help or suggestions! :( Airbus
I would try placing KSAN well above (small priority number so it is loaded last) the SOCobjects entry and see if that possibly corrects the problem. (i.e. KSAN priority 1 and SOCobjects at priority 5)It may be an elevation issue but experiment with priority first.

I would try placing KSAN well above (small priority number so it is loaded last) the SOCobjects entry and see if that possibly corrects the problem. (i.e. KSAN priority 1 and SOCobjects at priority 5)It may be an elevation issue but experiment with priority first.
Opa:It was a priority problem and an AFCAD problem. All of the KSAN jetways were in a common folder for jetways that had a lower priority(higher number) than the SOCobjects folder, therefore no jetways. I created a new KSAN gate folder and placed all the KSAN bgls into that scenery folder and made that folder the highest priority. All the jetways were there, however, the AI aircraft were in unusual positions. Using AFCAD I found that the SOCobjects directory had the offending AFCAD so I renamed the offending AFCAD and used the one in the \addon\scenery folder and all is well!!What is happening here is that megascenery loads some AFCADs that may clash with lower priority airport scenery and AFCADs in the \addon\scenery directory. So I will have to watch for this and make adjustments for specific airports that I use.For those (like me) who continue to mostly use FS2004 and have tons of old and updated scenery created by dedicated simmers, conflicts may occur and it takes some time to sort things out. I guess that's the price we gladly pay to enjoy this hobby. :( Thanks again!Airbus