Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mace

FSX Haze layer...and ASA

I need to know where ASA is looking for FSX, when the checkbox "Disable Haze Layer" gets checked. I assume it is the registry?(I have a remote install of ASA and checking this checkbox does not "seem" to disable the haze layer on the FSX machine.)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I need to know where ASA is looking for FSX, when the checkbox "Disable Haze Layer" gets checked. I assume it is the registry?(I have a remote install of ASA and checking this checkbox does not "seem" to disable the haze layer on the FSX machine.)
hello !i am not sure, but i think there is only other texture (of asa to make this haze layer unvisible) instead of FSX haze layer texture. this layer is always there, you only can

hello !i am not sure, but i think there is only other texture (of asa to make this haze layer unvisible) instead of FSX haze layer texture. this layer is always there, you only can

Hi Mace,In your case ASA is looking in the registry on your client machine.Thanks,

Hi Mace,In your case ASA is looking in the registry on your client machine.Thanks,
Hi jim, thanksI need ASX to look in the registry on the server machine. Is this possible?Here is the situation. I have two machines, side-by-side.Machine A has FSX on it.Machine B has FSX on it. And Machine B has ASX on it.I normally run FSX from machine A, and of course ASX from machine B. Normal network setup, right? Yes it is, and it works great. However....one thing does not seem to be working.......and that is the "Remove Haze Layer" checkbox. Is that because ASX is copying the texture on Machine B? Can it not copy the texture on the other machine?

Hi Mace,Yep, uninstall FSX from B and things would work. Or edit FSX out of the registry on B. That might work as well.Thanks,Jim

Hi Mace,Yep, uninstall FSX from B and things would work. Or edit FSX out of the registry on B. That might work as well.Thanks,Jim
hmm. So there is no way to tell ASA where to look for the texture file?I take it you all didn't anticipate this type of setup, did you. :) Machine B is my scenery design rig and I need to keep FSX on it intact to test installations, etc.

hmm. So there is no way to tell ASA where to look for the texture file?I take it you all didn't anticipate this type of setup, did you. :) Machine B is my scenery design rig and I need to keep FSX on it intact to test installations, etc.
good question!that will be fine to know because sometimes after installing some FEX texture sets,l the layer seems to be dissapeared!! but i prefer to use it for bad weather conditions, so i allways have to copy back all my backup textures to have these again! it this layer build-in some cloud textures ?