Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huntr

Also having FS9 problems at URSS Sochi 2007

I have been using RC for more than 5 years with minimal problems and a great deal of fun! Currently using FS9, RC4 and AS6 with AES. I was flying the PMDG MD11FI recently upgraded URSS to the very nice freeware Sochi2007 which works with AES and reran the RC4 database. Last night flying in to Sochi I was only offered Rwy 20 and 24 although the active rwy was 06. Later when leaving for OMDB I obtained weather correctly - by FSS dial-up but could not start the clearance which was offered on the ground and in the air. After failing on the ground I chose airborn clearance but this never materialised and indeed there were no key responses. I cancelled the flight and relaoded everything and the same problem occurred. In view of the recent issue of grnd frequency reported yesterday I am wondering if there is some known incompatability with Sochi 2007?I have checked and RC4 is working normally at my usual add-on airports so reluctant to reload etc. Everything else at Sochi seems to be operating normallyAny thoughts or advice would be appreciatedRichardCYHM

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have been using RC for more than 5 years with minimal problems and a great deal of fun! Currently using FS9, RC4 and AS6 with AES. I was flying the PMDG MD11FI recently upgraded URSS to the very nice freeware Sochi2007 which works with AES and reran the RC4 database. Last night flying in to Sochi I was only offered Rwy 20 and 24 although the active rwy was 06. Later when leaving for OMDB I obtained weather correctly - by FSS dial-up but could not start the clearance which was offered on the ground and in the air. After failing on the ground I chose airborn clearance but this never materialised and indeed there were no key responses. I cancelled the flight and relaoded everything and the same problem occurred. In view of the recent issue of grnd frequency reported yesterday I am wondering if there is some known incompatability with Sochi 2007?I have checked and RC4 is working normally at my usual add-on airports so reluctant to reload etc. Everything else at Sochi seems to be operating normallyAny thoughts or advice would be appreciatedRichardCYHM
make a log, and send it to me. instructinos pinned to the top of the forumjd

make a log, and send it to me. instructinos pinned to the top of the forumjd
Thanks jd - will do when I get home this eveningAppreciate your helpRichardCYHM