Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rnails

TrafficTools

Friends, I need help in restoring trafficTools. I had to reinstall everything. FSX,SP1,SP2, also SDK,SDK sp1, sdk sp1a. I edited the hml file and set the path to C:\Program Files,Microsoft Games, etc,etc,etc Also changed disable true to disable false. What am I doing wrong? rnails (space coast,Fl.)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Post your DLL, if you can, and we'll take a look.Bob
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll</Path></Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Guys, I had to remove MyTraffic and apparently when reinstalled it addede it in twice. However,removing the second addition I still do not see "tools" in FSX. Here is the latest version.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

Guys, I had to remove MyTraffic and apparently when reinstalled it addede it in twice. However,removing the second addition I still do not see "tools" in FSX. Here is the latest version.<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon><Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>
If it shows, delete the section at the bottom that is in BOLD. After the </Launch.Addon> below the FSUIPC section should only be the closing </SimBase.Document> closing statement.

That section is added by Aerosoft's MY TRAFFIC. I have fsx on its own drive D. rnails

That's nice, did you try the edit to see if it solved your problem?You're calling the same file twice and while I don't know if that's the problem, it doesn't hurt to try and see.And for clarification, FSX is on drive d:, but you installed the SDKs onto drive c:?

Friends, Microsoft puts the sdk on drive C and I don't remember if you can change that. But alas,I now have my tools back up by deleting fsx-SP2 abd sdk sp1a. I have no idea why this works or what I now have installed. I can't even remember what SP2 does. "if it aint broke don't fix it: Thanks guys. rnails (KTIX)