Sign in to follow this  
Guest kabu3000

PMDG 737 Autopilot problem

Guest kabu3000

Hey,My PMDG 737 used to run without any problem (I'm using FS9), but lately when I turn on the autopilot shortly after takeoff, the planes nose pitches up sharply and rolls extremly to the right so there's no way I can get it back up again. I first thought I might have made some wrong settings in my FMC, but it also happens when I take off without the FMC. Please help that's my favourite plane but like that it's pretty much useless on longer flights....and shorter ones, too I need my autopilot :( .

Hi Newbie, please sign your name to posts in this forum.I assume you have trim set for takeoff? A screen shot would be helpful in finding the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest kabu3000

Yeah, I think the trim is set for takeoff, although I'm not sure, but the plane didn't use to do this when I had it configuered the same way. Well, I didn't configuere it at all I didn't do anything except turn on de-ice and TCAS, everything already seems to be running. Unfortunately I have no idea how to make a screenshot, but what exactly happens with the plane after it banks to the right and the nose pitches up is, that shortly after this the AP disengages itself, and on the screen on the very left (I don't know waht it's called, the screen that shows altitude, heading, artificial horizon and what AP settings are turned on) it reads "CWS P" and "CWS R" in yellow writing. I guess it's kinda hard to understand it this way I'll try to find out how to make a screenshot.Karl B

Hello Karl,The easiest way to get a screen shot is to hit the print screen key at the desired moment and then save the file as JPEG in order to get a reasonable size.A screeny would definitely give us some clues. However, check your joystick/yoke too, with input from the latter A/P will disengage. Maybe recalibrating might help. :(

Guest kabu3000

Ok....that sucks...well actually it's good cause the problem is gone, when I turn on the AP everything is normal, but now I can't make any screenshots just in case the problem comes back. Well, thanks anyways.Karl B