Sign in to follow this  
badaboom

Flght-1 Cessna Mustang

Then you must understand how frustrating it can be for users with the CTD's. I have taken no pot shots at you, I'm sorry you feel that way. Thank you for looking into them.
Thats fine Ryan but I am confused as to why you would continue to focus on your personal technical problem in a public forum which is obviously a hardware limitation when we answered this to you several times in the Mustang support area and we have clearly indicated that we were looking into the issue? The Mustang support area is the place to inquire about any questions you may have and we can continue to focus on the work at hand instead of chasing other forums to clarify issues. Ok, I am done. Back to work...Regards,Jim

Hello,I'm thinking of purchasing a short hop biz jet for FSX and was looking at the Mustang from Flight-1.At $54.00 it's not exactly cheap so I'm hoping any pilots here who own it could give me your pros and cons.
It is a very nicely flying small jet for short hops. Emphasis on small, if you are used to airliners in FSX you are in for some surprises - you get very slow on approach. It is one of the few aircraft that I really like to hand-fly in FSX.The big thing with the Mustang in the sim is the G1000, of course. According to a real-world Mustang driver who posted over at the registered user's forum, the Flight1 G1000 implementation covers about 98% of what you would use on a day-to-day basis. That doesn't mean that it has 98% of the features of the real G1000, just that you are not likely to miss what was not implemented (somebody in this thread complained about missing VNAV, but to be honest descent planning without it is not much of a problem, either using the 3:1 rule or the tables supplied). Flight1 also did a good job of translating the G1000 to the computer screen, which means that knobs etc. behave like you expect them to do when you click them, turn the mouse wheel, etc. Importantly, what has been implemented also seems to be mostly correct, so it is possible to use the real-world Garmin manuals.Procedure coverage (approaches, sids, stars) varies depending on where you fly - it is best in North America. Where procedures are missing, you can either build your own in the G1000 using intersections, VORs and other fixes from the database, build your flight plan using an external tool, or just fly the procedures using the basic instruments. Procedures, fixes etc. are stored in a format proprietary to Flight1, so not updateable. This *may* change in the future, but Flight1 has been carefully stressing that this is not something they promise.Documentation is really good - gets you flying quickly, and it contains enough performance information for detailed flight planning if you want it. There is also a real-world training manual that you can download (legally) from an external web site.Is it expensive? It depends - Jim Rhoads from Flight1 obviously thinks it is dirt cheap :( If you are not specifically interested in the G1000 you can take a look at what Eaglesoft is offering, maybe save a few bucks.Given that Flight1 has a 30-day money back with no questions asked guarantee, I would not be overly concerned about FPS. Just try it and see if it works for you. Same if you are concerned about the FSX crashes reported here - I've never had one in 50+ hours flying this aircraft, but if it crashes yours just ask for a refund.Hope this helps,Tom

Procedures, fixes etc. are stored in a format proprietary to Flight1, so not updateable. This *may* change in the future, but Flight1 has been carefully stressing that this is not something they promise.
Actually, we are integrating Navigraph data as we speak. So it will be updateble in the future.
Is it expensive? It depends - Jim Rhoads from Flight1 obviously thinks it is dirt cheap
And I will reiterate that it is indeed cheap if you are expecting this level of real world functionality of a 2.5 million dollar business jet.
Given that Flight1 has a 30-day money back with no questions asked guarantee, I would not be overly concerned about FPS. Just try it and see if it works for you. Same if you are concerned about the FSX crashes reported here - I've never had one in 50+ hours flying this aircraft, but if it crashes yours just ask for a refund.
Right

Post deleted.Matthew this is my last warning my friend.Avsim forums are not kindergartens.

Matthew S

Jim, if you don't mind I have deleted your answer to Matthew's post.I think you'll agree that this sterile discussion must stop.Thank you :--)David Roch

Guest Nick_N

Nick, if you don't mind I have deleted your answer to Matthew's post.I think you'll agree that this sterile discussion must stop.Thank you :--)David Roch

DELETED

Post deleted.Matthew this is my last warning my friend.Avsim forums are not kindergartens.
I don't understand why would you do that? My post was respectful and praising the Flight1 products. Why do you need to censor these forums like this!edit: If you don't want people to post isn't it better to lock this thread instead of deleting peoples comments?

Matthew S

Jim, if you don't mind I have deleted your answer to Matthew's post.I think you'll agree that this sterile discussion must stop.Thank you :--)David Roch
I agree 100%Jim

<Deleted at request of user>Anyway no point continuing with this thread it's dead now.

Matthew S

Mathew-I think David made his thoughts very clear earlier on this matter...and now you get your wishes-locked...