Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ottoboy

737 - startup without APU?

Hi!Is there some way to startup the 737NG without bleed air from APU? Some kind of bleed air is reguired for the startup, doesn't they have separate ground unit for that purpose IRL? Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi!Is there some way to startup the 737NG without bleed air from APU? Some kind of bleed air is reguired for the startup, doesn't they have separate ground unit for that purpose IRL? Thanks!
Yes, but this function isn't modeled.

You have to have APU bleed air to be able to start engines. In real life it's the same standard procedure, ground air is mainly for air conditioning at the gate, unless of course there are abnormal conditions.

You have to have APU bleed air to be able to start engines. In real life it's the same standard procedure, ground air is mainly for air conditioning at the gate, unless of course there are abnormal conditions.
External GPU and air can be brought in to do an air start if the APU is not functioning. Again, this is not modeled in the current NG product. I believe in one of the classic 737 ops manuals I have read there is a requirement to start engine one first using this method. In real life I believe its the ground crews preference based on room available around the engines.