Sign in to follow this  
Guest a42abid

Carenado Mooney Wont install :(

Guest a42abid

hey guys!So I bought Carenado's Mooney for FSX from Flight1. I'm running windows vista and have installed one other plane, the Uiver Dc-2. That plane installed without any problem.The Mooney however won't install. I ran the executable and extracted to my FSX folder, it told me that the plane had been installed but when I ran FSX and checked the FSX folder, the plane was no where to be seen. I've spent at least 2-3 hours reinstalling to different places, copying and pasting the aircraft folder etc but to no avail. The plane just won't appear in FSX.Does anyone know whats going on? I really really want to fly this plane but this experience has been terribly frustrating. Please let me know if you have any solutions or any information on what I could do. I'd really appreciate it

hey guys!So I bought Carenado's Mooney for FSX from Flight1. I'm running windows vista and have installed one other plane, the Uiver Dc-2. That plane installed without any problem.The Mooney however won't install. I ran the executable and extracted to my FSX folder, it told me that the plane had been installed but when I ran FSX and checked the FSX folder, the plane was no where to be seen. I've spent at least 2-3 hours reinstalling to different places, copying and pasting the aircraft folder etc but to no avail. The plane just won't appear in FSX.Does anyone know whats going on? I really really want to fly this plane but this experience has been terribly frustrating. Please let me know if you have any solutions or any information on what I could do. I'd really appreciate it
You should have a "Carenado Mooney" folder in your FSX "Airplanes" folder, along with your other aircraft.If you installed correctly, no need to cut and paste.Better uninstall, and re-install.

Bert

Guest a42abid
You should have a "Carenado Mooney" folder in your FSX "Airplanes" folder, along with your other aircraft.If you installed correctly, no need to cut and paste.Better uninstall, and re-install.
I think it was a Vista problem. I installed it in another directory and copied and pasted the files. Windows told me that it recognized the aeroplane file to be from an untrusted source and potentially harmful so wouldn't let fsx run it. I managed to over-ride that and make it run. I hope I did it all properly but I could see it in FSX after that and took it for a test run. Its a beautiful aircraft and so much fun to fly. Sadly, I flew the default Mooney quite a lot and as a result transferred some of the bad habits onto this one which made landing a bit of an acrobatic event. There is definitely a noticable difference between the two and I don't think I'll ever be training myself on the default ones again. Thanks for your response though. I'd been really looking forward to it and am happy that things finally worked!

UAC may be blocking the install. If you have FSX installed to the default directory ie: C;/program files etc. Vista has a fit. You can take ownership of the FSX folder like this. Right click on the Flight simulator X folder, choose propertiesClick the security tabhighlight your user name you use to log on with, click the edit buttonHighlight your user name againclick full control and then apply.It will go through a lengthy process of assigning full control to all your files inside the folder. When it finishes, click ok. This is a good way to make sure any of your addons don't have issues getting permissions to run.Second thing:When you install any software either from a disc or download, right click on the install/setup/.exe file first, select properties, then click on compatibitlity tab, then tick off run program in adminstrator mode. Click OK. Then run the program by double clicking on the .exe install file. Vista will ask if you want to run this program, click yes.From a CD, do not use autorun. Just explore the cd, find the set up /install file and do the same as above.Hope this helps you out in the future :)Larry

Guest a42abid
UAC may be blocking the install. If you have FSX installed to the default directory ie: C;/program files etc. Vista has a fit. You can take ownership of the FSX folder like this. Right click on the Flight simulator X folder, choose propertiesClick the security tabhighlight your user name you use to log on with, click the edit buttonHighlight your user name againclick full control and then apply.It will go through a lengthy process of assigning full control to all your files inside the folder. When it finishes, click ok. This is a good way to make sure any of your addons don't have issues getting permissions to run.Second thing:When you install any software either from a disc or download, right click on the install/setup/.exe file first, select properties, then click on compatibitlity tab, then tick off run program in adminstrator mode. Click OK. Then run the program by double clicking on the .exe install file. Vista will ask if you want to run this program, click yes.From a CD, do not use autorun. Just explore the cd, find the set up /install file and do the same as above.Hope this helps you out in the future :)Larry
oh wow! thanks a lot! I had disabled the UAC completely but I'll go back and do what you suggested.