Sign in to follow this  
Flyer Ken

FS Atmosphere?? Any

Guest Wizard

comments from the author..the site is not availible??? Too busy! Too bad , the program looks promisingMB

Guest Eric

Wizard, There is active sky 1.5 and fs metar, both are GREAT and freeware!Active sky available here at avsimfs metar, online/offlinehttp://fsmetar.socair.orgEric

Guest ba747heavy

Active Sky is awesome! But there are some issues, none too serious, espeically as it is freeware :) My main issue is the rapid changes of the different METAR stations. 30 degrees of wind shift in 2 seconds isn't good, expeically with 30 kts of wind speed difference! But these issues are fixed in wxRE, I think. In any case, it is freeware, so you can't moan too much. :D

Guest Wizard

I used Active sky..not now..I use MS weather..works the same and causes less problems than ASky freeware. Active sky freeware works exactly the same as FS weather except ASky creates probs so I do not use it anymore.I have more a/c go out of control with no chance of recovering in some cases,,,when active sky updates weather.This is a pain especially when you are online with SB.I hope MSFS4 come with an enhanced weather program..not that I do not like the the freeware programs out there, but according to the forums..they all have some type of prob.My 2 cents!Mb

In FSUIPC there are settings that limit "spiked" weather changes and offer a smoothing function over distance. However, in some real conditions, gusting and wind shear effects do occur and can cause problems especially on takeoff and approach.

ActiveSky wxRE is only $15.00, and is offers huge improvements over the freeware version. If you want a really good weather engine, you might want to consider it.