Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Which Gate do Airlines Park at all Airports

Hi all,I'm trying to locate a website that will give me detailed information about where airlines park at a particular gate at all airports. I've located a couple of sites but they do not give detailed information about where or what gate each airline parks. The ones I found would say, for example: "Concourse A has gates A-2 through A-32 and serves Delta, Jet Blue, Continental, and US Air." That does not tell me which gate a particular airline parks. If 30 gates are served by 4 airlines, there's no way to determine which gate the airline is serving by the statement above. Is it not true that Delta, Jet Blue, Continental, and US Air would just park at any gate just because they're available? Every gate has it's own airline and I've never seen a particular gate serve more than one airline. Is there a terminal map or parking map that I can locate so that I would know where each airline parks?Ken.

Ken,First get AFCAD 2.21 by Lee Swordy here at AVSIM.Third party airport sceneries usually have their own custom AF2 file.These files designate Gate assignments for airlines servicing the airport.You can also add VIP parking for your aircraft using the AFCAD program.Let us know how you do.Best Regards, Don

Hi all,I'm trying to locate a website that will give me detailed information about where airlines park at a particular gate at all airports. I've located a couple of sites but they do not give detailed information about where or what gate each airline parks. The ones I found would say, for example: "Concourse A has gates A-2 through A-32 and serves Delta, Jet Blue, Continental, and US Air." That does not tell me which gate a particular airline parks. If 30 gates are served by 4 airlines, there's no way to determine which gate the airline is serving by the statement above. Is it not true that Delta, Jet Blue, Continental, and US Air would just park at any gate just because they're available? Every gate has it's own airline and I've never seen a particular gate serve more than one airline. Is there a terminal map or parking map that I can locate so that I would know where each airline parks?Ken.
I usually search for the airport (US) on ifly.com Once you find the airport there are usually terminal maps that will at least get you pretty darn close.

This is an issue many AFCAD (in both FS9 and FSX) miss. They can't find anything else but what Terminal the airline serves so they "assume" the gate assignments. I lived in Cleveland for 5 years and knew what gates each airline occupied. I was amazed to look over some of the AFCADS here at AVSIM that had different airlines all over the place.A great place to look is: http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus...tusByAirport.do Place the airport ICAO code into the "Airport" box and it will tell you mostly what airline goes where and what size aircraft to boot. I've used it for all of my AFCADs at AVSIM -- besides personal observation, of course, as with my Cleveland AFCAD for FS2002 & FS2004.Hope that helps you out.

Guest zacharace

It is pretty hard to find a site with gate assignments exactly on the mark, probably because they don't tend to stay static for each airline. If you're lucky, I've found that Wikipedia has gate assignments for different airports (eg, O'Hare). Otherwise, the airport's website itself usually has decent maps (Minneapolis in particular) that provide airlines gate listings by terminal/concourse.Also, the real-world and FS gate names (AFCADs) sometimes don't align; usually, for example, gate 3 in terminal A may be designated "A3" in the real world but just "3" in FS. (A good example of this is FSDT's JFK, where each respective numeric terminal is replaced in FS by an ascending letter).Hope this helps.

Guest Nealoc187

Go to the airport's real world website. You can find gate assignments there.