Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Active Camera, FSX and custom camera placement...

Yes, I know Active Camera doesn't work in FSX, and that there is a software called Walk & Follow that does work very much the same, my question is more regarding a specific 'feature' I liked from Active Camera that I dearly miss in FSX. It was the ability to place 'custom cameras' with the click of a mouse, you could, for example, on a replay, point your mouse to the side of the runway, click a spot and that camera would be created for you to see your landing.Does anybody know a software for FSX that does this? (I'm not sure Walk & Follow does it) thats why I'm asking!thanks,

Yes, I know Active Camera doesn't work in FSX, and that there is a software called Walk & Follow that does work very much the same, my question is more regarding a specific 'feature' I liked from Active Camera that I dearly miss in FSX. It was the ability to place 'custom cameras' with the click of a mouse, you could, for example, on a replay, point your mouse to the side of the runway, click a spot and that camera would be created for you to see your landing.Does anybody know a software for FSX that does this? (I'm not sure Walk & Follow does it) thats why I'm asking!thanks,
You can do this in FSX already, albeit not as easily. Using the Runway view, you can select a view on a particular runway, Then you can reposition the view using the CTRL-Shift Enter of Backspace view keys. I believe EZDOK also can do this by first positioning the aircraft at the position you want to view and locking it in, I agree though, nothing beats the simplicity of Active Camera for this function. Maybe the new version of EZDOK will make it easier, it seems like he's putting all the bells and whistles in that one!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d