Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSalden

Need help : making a seats head rest transparant

Hi everybody,Because I use 2 monitors in horizontal expanded mode the seats head rest is right in front of me when I have set up my cockpit view the way I like it.I loaded the cockpit texture with the seat in DXTBmp and made an alpha channel with the transparant parts in black.From the normal cockpit texture I made the seat parts black too.In FSX the seats head rest appears in black instead of transparant.I use Accelerations.Suggestions are welcome.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you draw corresponding shapes in black on the alpha channel? and make sure that you saved the texture in a texture format which includes the alpha channel?Al

Did you draw corresponding shapes in black on the alpha channel? and make sure that you saved the texture in a texture format which includes the alpha channel?Al
:( Like I wrote I made an alpha channel with the parts that have to be transparant in black.No result however.

:( Like I wrote I made an alpha channel with the parts that have to be transparant in black.No result however.
Without having access to the model file you cant do what you are trying to do in FSX unless the textures are set up for that ,and it would appear that they are not.