Sign in to follow this  
mcnobody

Mesh resulting in CTD

Hello,I have just installed new mesh from FS Genesis, especially 76m for Canada and the U.S. and the 38m mesh for the West Coast.If I am starting a flight from Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles or Anchorage, the flight loads to about 18-20% and then results in a crash to desktop. I thought it had to do with the FSG mesh and I was able to solve the problem by uninstalling the Northern Canada, U.S and West Coast Mesh.I have got no problems with other mesh files I am using. Europe and Africa airports just load fine.Just for fun I have tried to install a freeware mesh for Los Angeles and again I am receiving a CTD when attempting to start a flight in Los Angeles. So I have the feeling the CTDs are not related to the FSG mesh at all. I had no problems with the West Coast mesh on my old system, so I am pretty stuck here. By the way I can load a flight at Seattle with the West Coast mesh installed, but Los Angeles then results in a crash.Does anyone have a clue what the cause of those crashes can be and if there's a fix?My system specs:Windows XP 64bitIntel Core2 E0 3.2 GHz4GB RamATI Radeon HD 4870I have installed all my LOD9 mesh in one folder being at the top of scenery library.Thanks!Christian

Hi ChristianI have had problems in the past with CTDs in the LA area and the cause was a 'flatten' file installed with Flight Deck 5 (Abacus) for a carrier off the coast. I don't know if you have this, but if you have try deactivating the scenery and see if that cures the problem. Just found your post as I have been searching the forum to find a cure for CTDs in Japan!Regards,Bill