Sign in to follow this  
rightseater

And the AVSIM bonehead award goes to.....

ME!!!!! There's so many people I want to thank, I don't want to leave anyone out. Like an idiot I decided to clean up my aircraft folders a bit and get rid of some aircraft and liveries I don't use in an effort to save space. The idiot part comes in when I forgot to keep certain files I needed. For example, I cleaned up the default Cessna 172's, but forgot to keep the virtual cockpit texture that all liveries share. And now on to my question................ I inserted disk 1 and selected the "repair" option which replaced the files. Do I now need to reinstall Acceleration as well?

As I understand the situation Acceleration installs only the service packs, three aircraft (P51, F18, EH101), quite a lot of scenery and the missions. If these files managed to escaped your foolishness then you won't need to reinstall Acceleration.

Mike Beckwith

I can imagine that the RTM repair resets many SP2 files - i would reinstall Acceleration, no doubt.

From what I have noticed, the Repair function does not check dates or versions of files present; it only looks for missing files according to their names. So, if SP2 has replaced some of the RTM file with newer versions and if they have the same name, then the Repair function should not replace them by older files at all.Obviously, the RTM Repair will not replace missing SP2 (X-Pack) files, since they did not exist back then when the Repair function file lists were made.Of course, I am not an expert, and if Tim Gregson reads this and can provide better information, all the better.Best regards.Luis

Guest napamule

Acceleration can be uninstalled from the Control Panel, Remove Programs, menu, as it is seperate from FSX. That way XP (or Vista) won't tattel-tale on you (that Acceleration is/was installed before). I would do reboot after FSX repair, and after you uninstall Acceleration, too, just to be safe. Fire up FSX after repair, to see if it works right. Then re-install Acceleration. A little PM work might not hurt.Chuck BNapamule