Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ahinterl

MD-11 (FS9): Engine Fire alert when switching on IRS

>I repeatedly had the situation that when on ground power/air only and switching IRS 1 to NAV, two engine fire alerts are triggered (guess I remember for eng 1 and 3), but they disappeared shortly afterwards.This happened only when the IRS was switched on the very first time and didn't occur when putting IRS 1 to OFF and back on to NAV.Is this an alert that should occur?Andreas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I repeatedly had the situation that when on ground power/air only and switching IRS 1 to NAV, two engine fire alerts are triggered (guess I remember for eng 1 and 3), but they disappeared shortly afterwards.This happened only when the IRS was switched on the very first time and didn't occur when putting IRS 1 to OFF and back on to NAV.
Are you sure it's the engine fire alert and not the cargo fire? From the tutorial: "While turning on the first [iRS] system an automatic cargo fire test might be initiated."

Are you sure it's the engine fire alert and not the cargo fire? From the tutorial: "While turning on the first [iRS] system an automatic cargo fire test might be initiated."
I used to enjoy coming to this forum to exchange technical data and learn new flying techniques. Lately this forum seems to be full of posts like this, read the documentation! that's what it's there for.Rob

I used to enjoy coming to this forum to exchange technical data and learn new flying techniques. Lately this forum seems to be full of posts like this, read the documentation! that's what it's there for.
I can't understand why you're quoting me in this post. If Andreas really gets a firewarning for Engine 1 and 3, I think there's something wrong and he, instead of asking something what's in the manuals, he then is reporting an error. So before complaining about the subjects in this forum, let's see if he has a serious problem or just made a little mistake by confusing the cargo fire test and the engine fire tests.BTW: there are a lot of different users in this forum, from newbies to highly experienced. Of course it can be annoying reading again about the missing weather radar and the performance tables of the MD-11. But I think that's inherent in this kind of communication. There are by example 9 pages of guessing what the secret plane will be, newbies and regular posters contributing to this topic. It's a complete useless excercise, but he: what does it really matter?

I can't understand why you're quoting me in this post. If Andreas really gets a firewarning for Engine 1 and 3, I think there's something wrong and he, instead of asking something what's in the manuals, he then is reporting an error. So before complaining about the subjects in this forum, let's see if he has a serious problem or just made a little mistake by confusing the cargo fire test and the engine fire tests.BTW: there are a lot of different users in this forum, from newbies to highly experienced. Of course it can be annoying reading again about the missing weather radar and the performance tables of the MD-11. But I think that's inherent in this kind of communication. There are by example 9 pages of guessing what the secret plane will be, newbies and regular posters contributing to this topic. It's a complete useless excercise, but he: what does it really matter?
I don't quite get what the secret plane topic has to do with this but...... Half of the topics here are full of stuff that can be easily answered with just a couple of minutes of research. Fair enough maybe he is the only one with a broken MD11 that causes a engine fire test when he hit's the no1 IRS or maybe just maybe he is getting the cargo test like 99.9% of us.Let's get something straight, I have been around here for quite a while now and I have posted help for people asking the most basic questions. What bugs me is the poster doesn't even need to read any of the 1500+ pages of documentation for the answer as it's in the basic tutorial.I don't wanna argue with you mate, I dont know you, but I am entitled to my opinion. If his MD11 is broke I guess it's another one on the list for the developers.Rob

If his MD11 is broke I guess it's another one on the list for the developers.
Indeed, that's why I posted my question: to find out if this is something for the developers or just a little mistake. Noting more, nothing less. Just to help him with his problem. Can't see what's wrong with that.