Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougal

Looking For Dash 8

Can anyone recommend a good Dash 8-400 for FSX (freeware or payware)?I did a quick search in the library, and many hundreds of Dash 8 files appeared, but most were AI or repaints.It's really the 400 i'm after. I like loooooong bodies :( Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ThanksThat looks interesting.I may consider their current 300 version. Seems a bit pricy though.
I have the 300 for FSX. So far I cannot complain about the operations of the aircraft. My favorite aspect of this high priced beauty is the sound. I'm still looking for repaints such as Island Air that I can use over Hawaii.Keith

I have the 300 for FSX. So far I cannot complain about the operations of the aircraft. My favorite aspect of this high priced beauty is the sound. I'm still looking for repaints such as Island Air that I can use over Hawaii.Keith
Do you by any chance know how it compares with the Flight1 ATR-72-500?

Do you by any chance know how it compares with the Flight1 ATR-72-500?
I have yet to buy the ATR. Most of the reading I have done seem to indicate that the ATR is a good purchase. I don't like them too much so I haven't rushed to buy the Flight1 product yet. Keith

KeithLook way back in the HowTo section at FlightSim, I provided instructions on how to merge the Fanda (Frolov)(Majestic) sounds and panel with other Dash 8's and I managed to get an Island Air livery.Also I have the Flight1 ATR which is a magnificent aircraft but the sounds and controls on the Majetic beat all! Steep learning curve and you cannot start with a control-E, but once you get on to it, going through the starting procedure can be quite quick and the end result awe-inspiring!NigelVancouver

I currently have a freeware 'complete aircraft' Dash 8 Q400 installed on FSX. I don't remember where I found it, but it's called a 'Dreamwings Q400 RMA' and the file name is 'dwq400rma.zip'.It's a nice looking aircraft (or perhaps I should say that it looks as good as a Q400 could possibly look)...

KeithLook way back in the HowTo section at FlightSim, I provided instructions on how to merge the Fanda (Frolov)(Majestic) sounds and panel with other Dash 8's and I managed to get an Island Air livery.Also I have the Flight1 ATR which is a magnificent aircraft but the sounds and controls on the Majetic beat all! Steep learning curve and you cannot start with a control-E, but once you get on to it, going through the starting procedure can be quite quick and the end result awe-inspiring!NigelVancouver
Thanks Nigel,I will take a look for the merge instructions. I did play around with the idea in FS2004 also. I had some of the Dreamwing downloads as well. I definitely like the learning curve. There are days when I want to just jump behind the controls and mess around and still most other days I want to fully take on the checklists and systems management. From what I understand the sound and controls for Frolovs aircraft are independent of the standard MSFS configurations. I dig this Dash 8. Keith

I found the Dreamwings Q400. Thank you very much. What a truely stunning peice of freeware! The 'smoothness' of the flight model is wonderfull. My only regret is the lack of a VC. Still, never mind, can't have everything. How is the VC in the ATR72-500?Although I've certainly heard of Dreamwings, I've never heard of the names listed in the credits for the model. They are VERY good - even into the 'Rob Young' territory.Also, i've never heard of those ones mentioned by Nigel. Guess i have to go do some searching.....Thanks again