Sign in to follow this  
Guest sjfdkw

want to use ade

Guest delsimflyer

I am very much eager to use ade to edit fsx airports but dont want to bear the pain of instalingl the entire fsx sdk and over that update it to sp1 then sp2 from the net only to get the latest bglcom and shp2vec which adds to only a few kbs in size.is there any link from where I can directly download them?

I don't get it. What is so painful for you?You will also get simmconnect and traffic tool box, both of which are very useful. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest delsimflyer
I don't get it. What is so painful for you?You will also get simmconnect and traffic tool box, both of which are very useful. Bob
I am a simmer not a developer, mostly interested in flying. Thought I would edit some airports in a quick way. traffic toolbox and others are not of much use to me.actually I have surfed the sdk and not of much use uninstalled it long time back, further the original sdk is no good for ade and I dont have patience to dl the 2 updates.so could somebody be kind enough and attach what is required to run the ade..

Sorry, but it sounds like to me that if you do not have the patience to install a few programs, than you for sure may not have the patience to use ADE. There is nothing quick. When you start modifying FSX, things take time. Sometimes alot of time. It's alot of fun, but it takes time.Besides , there may be some copyright problems in your request.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest delsimflyer
Besides , there may be some copyright problems in your request.Bob
x2af2x has the old version fsx bglcomp in its package..

x2af2x has the old version fsx bglcomp in its package..
Then it shouldn't have.But anyway, my advice for you is to install it as per ADE's documentation. It will save you MUCH trouble and time. At my work I have been involved with too many installs gone bad, where I tried to get cute with positioning the files and all of their dependencies...and it just isn't worth it. Best to install exactly as docs say and be done with it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB