Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eaglejock21

Out of memory when using the MD11 FSX

Hello, I recently re-installed Vista on my computer. Now I have a problem; when using the MD11, FSX freezes after 2-3 min, pushing the windows button there is a propt screen saying "your computer has run out of availible memory" please re-start the application, then FSX shuts down. Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a solution? Im having a high end computer with 4GB RAM, that should be sufficient? Using FSX Acceleration SP2.Best regardsJohan Helgesson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Now I have a problem; when using the MD11, FSX freezes after 2-3 min, pushing the windows button there is a propt screen saying "your computer has run out of availible memory" please re-start the application, then FSX shuts down. [...]Im having a high end computer with 4GB RAM, that should be sufficient? Using FSX Acceleration SP2.
Should be enough to run FSX. First thing you can try is setting the Target frame rate at 20.

Hello, I recently re-installed Vista on my computer. Now I have a problem; when using the MD11, FSX freezes after 2-3 min, pushing the windows button there is a propt screen saying "your computer has run out of availible memory" please re-start the application, then FSX shuts down. Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a solution? Im having a high end computer with 4GB RAM, that should be sufficient? Using FSX Acceleration SP2.Best regardsJohan Helgesson
This has been discussed to death so you should use the search button. Also you don't mention if are using a 32 or 64 bit system or have tried to 3GB patch.Rob