Sign in to follow this  
flyerkg

MegasceneryEarth Strange Texture Transition

I am selectively adding the MegaSceneryEarth tiles for locations I am familiar with as they become available. Just now I was out of Concord, Ca KCCR and noticed a straight and abrupt change in color shading where the developers pieced the tile together. This is not where the tile area ends and another starts. This is within the same download. But altogether, I am satisfied with how this product line is enhancing my experience with FSX. Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?Keith

Keith Guillory

Looks like a different satellite image within the tile. I don't think anything is wrong on your end. In fact if you go here you will send the color differences within the tile:http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart...;category_id=64Todd
Here is another example where two forms of scenery is correct but different. This is actually Ground Environment X GEX bordered by MegasceneryEarth Tile 110 over 29 Palms. The lighter shade represents GEX and while the textures are effectively depicted, the imagery used is clearly from different times of the year. As an example in the second photo, I am stuck with dormant grass. Yes, even the golf course and my old front yard had green grass during most of the year. There is obviously a lot of give and take when using multiple scenery renderings. And each user has their own opinion about what looks best. Keith

Keith Guillory

It's very prevalent in different parts of the California state scenery. In the mid-south section, many of the "farmland" textures have a very noticble green tint to the tiles, while adjacnet ones don't.It's also very apparant if you have the lower-south tiles and MegaSceneryX Socal. The Socal is very "washed out" compared to the new(er) lower-south tiles. In my opinion, the high desert colors north of the Los Angeles basin (Barstow, Edwards AFB areas, etc) look better with the new lower-south tiles. Note also that the new lower-south tiles OVERLAP the northern portions of the original MegaSceneryX Socal tiles. If you haven't tried it, layer your lower-south MegaScenery Earth Scenery Library entry ABOVE MegaSceneryX Socal. It will get rid of the "washed out" high desert tiles and give you a better color rendition for the high desert areas north of the Cajon Pass into Victorville, Barstow, etc areas.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Yes, this is a problem with the Megascenery Earth source. The issue is also very problematic with their florida titles. There are even places where the cloud shadow is on the ground. I have removed this from my computer and will wait for a higher quality source to become available. I was very disapointed, especially for payware. As many have suggested, it seems that PC aviatior has abandoned quality for quantity and based on their pricing, it seems to be very lucrative for them. (All of California costs in excess of $200!!)