Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warren

Aircraft not level in flight

Greetings to all: I have a payware plane that does not show level flight unless i am climbing at 500 ft. I thought I had read a long time ago that this can be solved by changing something in the fcg file. I thought it had to do with contact points but don't remember for sure. If anyone knows of this fix i would be grateful. The plane is FSD's Cessena 337. Thanks for helping out a novice still after a year. WC

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Greetings to all: I have a payware plane that does not show level flight unless i am climbing at 500 ft. I thought I had read a long time ago that this can be solved by changing something in the fcg file. I thought it had to do with contact points but don't remember for sure. If anyone knows of this fix i would be grateful. The plane is FSD's Cessena 337. Thanks for helping out a novice still after a year. WC
I'm unsure what you mean by 'level flight'. Do you mean that when the plane is flying level (i.e. VSI = 0) that it looks like it is pointing nose down?

Yes it looks exactly as you described it looks like it is in a slight dive when the vertical speed indicator reads level flight. This is when i switch to outside view. Sorry about the confusion.

Yes it looks exactly as you described it looks like it is in a slight dive when the vertical speed indicator reads level flight. This is when i switch to outside view. Sorry about the confusion.
Okay I figured out the fix myself. You can make the plane look level by adjusting the flight tuning section in the cfg file. The adjustment is made in the cruise lift scalar. I made the adjustment by decreasing from 1.0 to 0.5 and the plane now looks level when the vertical speed indicator reads level flight.