Sign in to follow this  
Guest smegger

Airport diversion

Guest smegger

I have been trying to work out how to set up the FMC to divert to another airport while in mid flight. I was cruising along minding my own business when an engine caught fire and I was unable to put the fire out. Therefore I had to divert to a nearby airport but cannot find a way to alter the flight plan in the FMC to land at the other airport. It is probably obvious and I'm being stupid but I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

I have been trying to work out how to set up the FMC to divert to another airport while in mid flight. I was cruising along minding my own business when an engine caught fire and I was unable to put the fire out. Therefore I had to divert to a nearby airport but cannot find a way to alter the flight plan in the FMC to land at the other airport. It is probably obvious and I'm being stupid but I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
What aircraft are you using?

Oh boy, I wiah we had separate forums...If you're in the Em Dee, the ALTN airport diversion can be accessed via the LAT REV page of any waypoint. Click the left LSK next to the waypoint. When you select a waypoint, the FMS diverts after passing that point, so for an immediate diversion, you'll need to do the access LAT REV at either the FROM fox or the active fix, I'm not sure.In the Boeing, alternates can be accessed via the RTE page.Paul

In the Boeing, alternates can be accessed via the RTE page.Paul
Via the RTE 2 page in the PMDG-747. The PMDG-737 has not a RTE 2 page. I hope the NGX will have it.

Guest rajiv
Via the RTE 2 page in the PMDG-747. The PMDG-737 has not a RTE 2 page. I hope the NGX will have it.
thats the problem with 747 i dont know how to setup the flight plan for the alternate. unlike the emm dee its more easy. if the tech guys would provide us examples and procedures.thanks rajiv

Guest smegger
Thanks to all those who took the time to reply to my post. I'm flying the 747 and due to your suggestions I've worked out how to divert to another airport using RTE2. Thanks again.