Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSalden

Found reason beeld-through water in FSX KML

In my earlier post I descibed my bleed-through issues.After trying with bgl file after bgl file, I finally found out that it is caused by the many water hydro polygons that are connected to each other.For my coastline of 60 km's ( 36 miles ) I made 6 parts.When I take out the hydro polygons immedialtely next to my "problem" waterpolygon , the bleed-through issue is over.First I only wanted to do 10 km's of coastline, but bit by bit I extended it to now 60 km's. To be sure I now am going to make 1 hydro polygon for the coastline.Unfortunatley That will be a lot of work.....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try changing slider settings: - Ground texture resolution = 1 meter - Mesh resolution = 38 metersThat should solve the problem.Best regards.Luis

I haven't been following all of your water bleed through problems, but my experience is that FSX has problems when water polys overlap the QMID 11 boundaries. I get many strange displays, in particular when there are holes (islands) in the water polys. I have seen it display one way in tmfviewer and another way in fsx.scott s..

Luis,Many thanks for your help !Setting the Textureslider to 30cm solved my problem !I didn