Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

MD-11 (FS9): FMA description

I know, the manual says it all, but does anyone know an information source where the FMA modes are better documented? I think of images like the ones present in AOMs/POHs of Airbus and Boeing where e.g. for takeoff, the annunciations are depicted for each phase of the takeoff.I ask because sometimes the annunciations are not fully understandable for me, should mean, I can explain what the FMS does, but not why a specific announcement is made and not another. I just like to be more aware what to expect in terms of annunciations in certain situation. To allow me to perform systems surveillance, I like to have the knowledge to judge whether the mode the FMS is currently in is "reasonable" or if I manually need to do things to get it into another, better suited one.Andreas

See AUTO.30.28 in the SYSTEM manual for a complete list in a table for FMA definitions.

Dan Downs KCRP