Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougal

Look at These Little Babies

Took this with my mobile as I was passing. Yet to get back there to find out just what they are.Looks to be a small hangar/workshop called Airborne Composites making these. About 3 miles from my house.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Airborne Composites are quite well known in the glider fraternity, as evidenced by the motor gliders in your pic. As the name suggests, they do repairs and other work to composite aircraft, such as sorting out delaminated gel coat, repairing busted fuselages and that kind of thing, I think they might be a Grob dealership too if I recall correctly. I've flown an SZD 50 that I believe was repaired by them after its tailboom was broken, it was a very good repair, with only a small raised bit on the gel coat offering any clue as to the mishap it had suffered. Judging by your photograph, as more and more powered aircraft use composite construction, they appear to be getting into powered stuff a bit more.Al

Hi,I noticed that you have same CPU and Graphics card as me and you have o/c'd it....How much of a better performance di you get going from 3.0 GHz to 3.6 GHz?With default KJFK, tons of AI installed (I think I am up to 160 airlines around the world) so there is lots of them around. I get between 11 and 17 fps.....Let me know, I am wondering if I should upgrade CPU or Overclock.Thanks!