Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike_CFII_MEL

Time to upgrade again

Hi Everyone,I'm thinking of upgrading my system, I am currently looking at the following.1. Asus motherboard - ASUS Rampage II Extreme Core i7 Motherboard2. Intel I7 975 processor - When released (hopefully in April / May)3. Corsair memory - TR3X6G1600C8D (DDR3, 1600MHz 6GB 3x240 DIMM, Unbuffered, 8-8-8-24)I will be selling my Asus Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme X6800 processor as well as 3 Gig of memory (used of course). I will be keeping my video board for the time being, its an ATI 3870X2 video board. I also have an additional 4 gig of Dominator CM2X1024-9136C5D XMS2 1142 MHz memory for sale.Selling these items will offset the cost of my upgrade. I know I may not see a huge improvement in FPS but I'm hoping on some improvement with visuals. I also believe that going from a 32 bit processor to a 64 bit processor will help out as well.Any thought or ideas?. Is this the best setup I can get?. If I decide to upgrade my video board as well, what should I get?.Thanks Everyone

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you go from the x6800 to the i7 965/975 you should see a decent improvement in FPS. Also, I'd get rid of that ATI card, and get a GTX285 or 280 etc. When you get your new CPU be sure to get a good cooler and overclock it too.