Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pastorpilot

2 Questions on "3Gb Switch" ...

I just noticed I had not entered the 3 GB switch since I changed to XP Pro from Vista [both 32 bit, unfortunately] ...2 Questions:1. I wonder if this is the correct line that I have entered: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB Switch" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT /3GBWhile searching the web I found at least one example of putting /3GB prior to /Fast detect.2. Also My Computer Properties is still showing 2.75 GB of Ram ... the same as it did previous to the boot.ini edit . But then on the next line it says "Physical Memory Extension" ... Is this correct?Thank you,Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just noticed I had not entered the 3 GB switch since I changed to XP Pro from Vista [both 32 bit, unfortunately] ...2 Questions:1. I wonder if this is the correct line that I have entered: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB Switch" /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FASTDETECT /3GBWhile searching the web I found at least one example of putting /3GB prior to /Fast detect.2. Also My Computer Properties is still showing 2.75 GB of Ram ... the same as it did previous to the boot.ini edit . But then on the next line it says "Physical Memory Extension" ... Is this correct?Thank you,Steve
Your line looks fine and you will NOT see any change in the properties readings, since this has nothing to do with physical memory.Also see post above/below by Kimberly, about the same topic. I'd suggest also adding the USERVA setting.