Sign in to follow this  
A320driver

FLATPANEL 2560 X 1600 32 & PMDG 747 FS9

Just purchased a new 30 inch flatpanel LCD monitor. With my current vid card I can set the resolution to: 2560 x 1600 x 32. This has had quite a positive impact on my simming. Everything was great until I tried the PMDG FS9 747-400 2D. The overhead panel has several sections where what appears to be nite panel views are placed over the panel. The entire aircraft lite section is over top the upper left corner of the overhead and several switches have what appear to be small nite view switches over them. Lowered the resolution and it fixed the issue so I know it has to do with the higher res. This is the only aircraft that I have had this problem with. Problem does not exist in VC. Wondered if anyone might have an idea on how to fix this (if it is fixable)? Thanks in advance for any help. p.s Also posted this in the PMDG Forum but no luck on a fix.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest firehawk44
Just purchased a new 30 inch flatpanel LCD monitor. With my current vid card I can set the resolution to: 2560 x 1600 x 32. This has had quite a positive impact on my simming. Everything was great until I tried the PMDG FS9 747-400 2D. The overhead panel has several sections where what appears to be nite panel views are placed over the panel. The entire aircraft lite section is over top the upper left corner of the overhead and several switches have what appear to be small nite view switches over them. Lowered the resolution and it fixed the issue so I know it has to do with the higher res. This is the only aircraft that I have had this problem with. Problem does not exist in VC. Wondered if anyone might have an idea on how to fix this (if it is fixable)? Thanks in advance for any help. p.s Also posted this in the PMDG Forum but no luck on a fix.
I have the same setup except I have the FSX version of the 747 but I don't see your problem. You can open and close panels but it sounds like you have just the overhead panel open and the lights on the panel do not cover the switches exactly. I rarely use the 2D view but a few do because they have problems moving switches, turning on things, in the VC view and it's easier for them to manipulate a large aircraft. If I have problems changing a heading value in VC view (for instance) I'll pause the flight, change the value, disable pause and continue the flight. The "problem" evidently does not exist in the FSX version as I don't see any problem with the 2d views, including the overhead panel. There are a lot of simmers who own 30 inch monitors now and I would think this issue would have come up long before now. Therefore, it must be a problem with your installation of the 747. Again, it is very difficult to understand your problem. If the lights are not fitting exactly over where the light switches are placed, you can click on the panel with your mouse and move it around so it will fit nicely over the switches or the lights. With the nice monitor you own (congratulations!) you should fly the big ones in VC mode. More enjoyable IMHO.Best regards,Jim

Continue to fiddle with this issue. When I bring up the overhead panel with all the misplaced knobs & switches (lighting panel is overtop the IRS panel), if I reduce the overall size of the panel by moving the sides inward the problem goes away. If however, I pull the panel back to it's orignal size, it's back to a goofy state. Seems that the panel is being "streched" to wide? Don't know just a quess.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest firehawk44
Continue to fiddle with this issue. When I bring up the overhead panel with all the misplaced knobs & switches (lighting panel is overtop the IRS panel), if I reduce the overall size of the panel by moving the sides inward the problem goes away. If however, I pull the panel back to it's orignal size, it's back to a goofy state. Seems that the panel is being "streched" to wide? Don't know just a quess.
I just rechecked my overhead in 2d mode (windowed and non-windowed) and did not see a discrepancy with the panel. I stretched the panel several different ways and everything remained normal and the lighting matched the switches, even over the IRS. Make sure the FSX.cfg has properly identified your monitor and resolution:[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX.0]Mode=2560x1600x32Anisotropic=1AntiAlias=1If it's not identifying your monitor and resolution correctly, then you should delete the fsx.cfg, restart the sim and let the config rebuild itself. Apologize in advance if you have already tried these suggestions. If the FSX.cfg is correct, then I would do a reinstall by executing the PMDG747.exe and selecting "Repair". It will reinstall the 747 as it was originally. Backup any aircraft.cfg if you have added any aircraft textures or modifications. This way you won't have to do an uninstall/reinstall. It really sounds like your resolution for FSX is not properly set or there's a conflict with the video card resolution and the fsx resolution. Hope this helps.Jim

Maybe you can get some help here ---> http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/index.php

----------------Joe- for what it's worth: I just stretched the FS9 PMDG 747 2D OH panel, the full width of my triple monitor setup. Everything appears quite normal.That's a resolution of 3x1024/768 or 3072x768. About 44" wide!Alex Reid

McCrash,Thanks for the link...posted this issue there. Will see where it goes.

Regards,

Joe Esposito