Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESzczesniak

Adjusting FS9 AI runway "taxi speeds"

My AI always gets down on the runway, slows to 20 kts and spends its sweet time taxiing down to the next exit. Well, actually it usually skips several exits, but that's another story. Well, needless to say this really delays MSFS's already struggling ATC and I can sit at the hold short line with aircraft strung out on 7 NM spacing and wait 40 minutes to make in on to the runway. It would seem that if I could tell the AI to "taxi" down the runway to their turn off at say 45 kts (perfectly reasonable for a high-speed turn off at the class B airports I've spend my time around), I could potentially free up quite a bit of time. I feel like I've seen stuff about this before, but I can't find anything on this specifically doing a search here. Thanks.Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My AI always gets down on the runway, slows to 20 kts and spends its sweet time taxiing down to the next exit. Well, actually it usually skips several exits, but that's another story. Well, needless to say this really delays MSFS's already struggling ATC and I can sit at the hold short line with aircraft strung out on 7 NM spacing and wait 40 minutes to make in on to the runway. It would seem that if I could tell the AI to "taxi" down the runway to their turn off at say 45 kts (perfectly reasonable for a high-speed turn off at the class B airports I've spend my time around), I could potentially free up quite a bit of time. I feel like I've seen stuff about this before, but I can't find anything on this specifically doing a search here. Thanks.Eric
This utility will allow you to make some adjustments relating to AI speeds:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=67713Perhaps it will help. :(