Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

planenut

Resume Own Navigation

Apologies if this has been covered and answered. I am starting to use RC after a long layoff. I now have ver.4.3 whereas I previously was using ver 4.01.My question is, when I'm told to resume my own navigation, can I track to my next VOR using my acft. instruments, or do I have to follow the direction given in the RC window. I seem to remember before that when I attempted to track using my instruments, I was told that I was off course even though my instruments showed that I was on course.Is this something that was corrected in ver 4.3?Thanks.Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Apologies if this has been covered and answered. I am starting to use RC after a long layoff. I now have ver.4.3 whereas I previously was using ver 4.01.My question is, when I'm told to resume my own navigation, can I track to my next VOR using my acft. instruments, or do I have to follow the direction given in the RC window. I seem to remember before that when I attempted to track using my instruments, I was told that I was off course even though my instruments showed that I was on course.Is this something that was corrected in ver 4.3?Thanks.Jim
page 283 of the 4.3 manual (www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdf)Radar Contact - RC issues no specific instructions, whether to proceed direct a fix or fly a heading to re-join. When told to

page 283 of the 4.3 manual (www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdf)Radar Contact - RC issues no specific instructions, whether to proceed direct a fix or fly a heading to re-join. When told to