Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Jatairways

Computer And Operating system

I'm planning on building a system Intel core QUAD Q9450 2.66G 12M 1333 I64 S775Asus MB P5QEVGA Geforce GTX +9800 video card i will start with 4 gig ram but i do plan on boosting as soon as i have more moneyany comments on how this system should run with FSX and I plan on using FS9 and FSX should i use Windows XP or Vista ? should i go with 64 bit ?will a partition hard drive with one side strickly for Flight sim and other for other stuff affect performance?thanks jat

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm planning on building a system Intel core QUAD Q9450 2.66G 12M 1333 I64 S775Asus MB P5QEVGA Geforce GTX +9800 video card i will start with 4 gig ram but i do plan on boosting as soon as i have more moneyany comments on how this system should run with FSX and I plan on using FS9 and FSX should i use Windows XP or Vista ? should i go with 64 bit ?will a partition hard drive with one side strickly for Flight sim and other for other stuff affect performance?thanks jat
XP or Vista - cant speak for Vista but I use XP 64 bit. If the video card has over 512 ram go with a 64 bit OSHD setup - get 2 drives, 1 for the OS and other miscl items, and the other for FSX. Dont do a partition setup. By putting FSX on its own drive you WILL get better perf and your FSX installation will not fragment as fast as a OS drive will which will help with smoothness. I have a 3 drive setup 1tb drive for OS, ect, 500gb fro FSX, 1tb for backups. In the course of 1 month my OS drive showed a 9% fragmentation and my FSX only showed 1%.

By saying FSX will be on a separate drive will that drive also have its own operating system or will the OS be running from the main drive? thanks

By saying FSX will be on a separate drive will that drive also have its own operating system or will the OS be running from the main drive? thanks
The OS is on the main drive.