Sign in to follow this  
gosta

How do i open MDL files ?

Hello allWhat i'm actualy trying to do is: use the king airpanel and virtual cockpit with the fs2002 dash 8-100i can use the panel itself by placing the panel folderinto the dash8 folder but wont have the VC.I heard that the answer is in the MDl file, is it possible to use that Vc on another airplane ?Help appreciated....Louis

Guest ba747heavy

Not sure you can do it, and I am not sure it is legal, either. You would be violating at least one copyright, two if you are thinking about destoying some other king air authors work.

Hi Fred,if you're not sure, please don't state as fact that he would be violating a copyright, without seeking a legal opinion first. As long as the original poster doesn't distribute it, his proposed action is perfectly legal, whichever panel/model he decompiles and merges - even in the States (for now).And yes, without the source code you'll have a hard time opning the .mdl file.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest bawheavy

Why don't you try aliasing the panel and vc to your dash 8