Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vincent

Unexpected exit FS9, no error msg

Guest Vincent

Hi all,It's a weird thing. My FS9 just quit randomly without giving me any sign of trouble or error msg. It just zap... I have read something about the Data Execution Protection of the XP is doing the trick. Anyone one has a clue?ThanksPC SpecXP Home SP3 32-bitCore Duo 2.66G3G Ram40G Hdd8800GT

Hi all,It's a weird thing. My FS9 just quit randomly without giving me any sign of trouble or error msg. It just zap... I have read something about the Data Execution Protection of the XP is doing the trick. Anyone one has a clue?ThanksPC SpecXP Home SP3 32-bitCore Duo 2.66G3G Ram40G Hdd8800GT
Did this happen only once or many times? And in either case were you at or near the same location (assuming you were flying) when it happened?

Guest Vincent
Did this happen only once or many times? And in either case were you at or near the same location (assuming you were flying) when it happened?
More than one for sure. And it's in a totally random way. That's why it's hard to determine. For now I'm trying to Turn the DEP off and see if anything happens

Yes, you need to note whether this happens in the same spot or spots each time. Most likely it does, in which case there could be either a missing file somewhere, or more probably a bad bgl file - like an AFCAD. I troubleshoot this kind of thing by first disabling my third party scenery and, if that fixes things, reintroduce it bit by bit till I find the culprit. Then disable all my addon AFCADs (useful if you have them all in one place!). And usually the last step, start looking in the main FS9/scenery folder for problems (any bgl files been replaced by 3rd. party stuff?).It can take a few hours (!) but I have always managed to solve CTD problems like this (one just yesterday - turned out to be a faulty AFCAD file. I just deleted it). Just for the record, I have occasionally (and very bizarrely) found that a bgl file that is supposed to be controlling scenery say, somewhere in China, causes a crash in Thailand (or wherever), so don't discount that as a possibility; but most times the problem is a 'local' bgl file.Martin