Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Track IR 4

I have been trying to order it from them but for some reason my shopping cart remains empty. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer, thanks for all the advice and comments.

Can someone do me a solid!!!! Can you go to the trackir main site click buy now on the trackir pro bundle, activate the 14.95 coupon and see if anything shows up in the shopping cart. Trying to find out if the problem is on my end or not. For me nothing showes up and the shopping cart button is unclickable.http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

Can someone do me a solid!!!! Can you go to the trackir main site click buy now on the trackir pro bundle, activate the 14.95 coupon and see if anything shows up in the shopping cart. Trying to find out if the problem is on my end or not. For me nothing showes up and the shopping cart button is unclickable.http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
Cancel last. Been informed to go through there Canadian Dealer.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince
I have TractIR close to seven mounts and I tried to use only three times. It is moving so rapidly. It is not realistic.. I don't fly with in VC mode. I am for 2D. Every times when I read posts regarding TrackIR good performance I keep wondering if I am doing some thoing wrong to operate the TrackIR.My questions : 1- Can TrackIR be use in 2D mode PMDG-11X.747X and Level-D X ?2- Can TrackIR cause "Blue Screen" when FSX DX:10 Review activated?Sanal
1 - FS9 only has TrackIR support in the VCFSX has some support outside of the VC as well"2D Cockpit" mode - TrackIR has support for head movement in both the Yaw and Pitch axes.Outside View: Tail

Here never a BSOD caused by the TrackIR. As far as I can see, no influence on the FPS. As stated above, the best buy for FS for a long time!

Well I got it today!!! It works pretty good but!!!!! I have used the default flight file and the optimized one aswell and Im having some trouble in the MD11. TrackIR is so sensitive to my head movements, if I move forward or sit up straight it goes crazy my head will go outisde the cockpit, when I look left or right after my head stops it seems to keep drifting and alot of the times I lose the ability to look down no matter what. Even if I center it back. If anyone has any advice at all I would appreciate it. Im using fsx and vista 64.

Guest Buzz313th
Well I got it today!!! It works pretty good but!!!!! I have used the default flight file and the optimized one aswell and Im having some trouble in the MD11. TrackIR is so sensitive to my head movements, if I move forward or sit up straight it goes crazy my head will go outisde the cockpit, when I look left or right after my head stops it seems to keep drifting and alot of the times I lose the ability to look down no matter what. Even if I center it back. If anyone has any advice at all I would appreciate it. Im using fsx and vista 64.
Track IR is completely user friendly, but, you really do need to take some time optimizing the mount position for the IR reciever as well as focusing it properly so that you get the complete field of view.1. Mount the reciever as close to the center of your eyepoint as you can. If it's too high (sitting on a tall monitor or too far to the left or right, you will get slight distortion in relation to your head movement.2. If the reciever is too close to your IR reflectors you will have too narrow of a FOV from the reciever. The further away from you the better up to roughly 5 feet. 3. When you set it up, use the progiles menu in the track IR window and view the tracking window. This window will show you the raw reflector position in relation to the reciever. You want to make sure that you only see 3 dots and that you focus the reciever so that the 3 dots are right in the center of the tracking window. This will ensure that you have space to move in the X and Y axis without moving outa the FOV of the reciever.4. If you have bright areas (light sources or sunlight reflections) behind you, they will confuse the reciever as to which sources to follow.Once you understand how it works and "sees" then you will have a troublefree experience for the life of your TrackIr system.Hope this helped.JB

4. If you have bright areas (light sources or sunlight reflections) behind you, they will confuse the reciever as to which sources to follow.
This is the one thing that's worried me and stopped me from purchasing one so far. I've got pretty bright lights in my basement, one almost directly above me, and one about 15 feet behind me, and I'm worried that they'll make it impossible for me to use TrackIR. Anyone know what kind/if NaturalPoint has a return policy? EDIT: Just found my answer on their website.

Guest Buzz313th
This is the one thing that's worried me and stopped me from purchasing one so far. I've got pretty bright lights in my basement, one almost directly above me, and one about 15 feet behind me, and I'm worried that they'll make it impossible for me to use TrackIR. Anyone know what kind/if NaturalPoint has a return policy?
The light sources have to be "Point Light Sources", A light bulb, an actual light behind you, a sun reflection off the floor etc. The Track IR has a light filter to get it to filter out the sources and only recognize the reflectors or the Track clip Pro. Unless there is a light source in the FOV you should be fine. A simple solution might be a lampshade, turning the light off, or placing something between the reflector and the unwanted light source. The Track Clip Pro will help the system see only the head mounted IR sources.The addition of Track IR to your simming experience is well worth the time or energy it might take to omit a light source in your basement.JB

The three green lights are showing up fine, it just I keep losing the ability to look down. I 'll go back into the profile and show the head feature and it just will stop looking down. The only way to fix it is to stop trackir and restart it, but the problem will just keep coming back. I don't have any lights on.

Guest Buzz313th
The three green lights are showing up fine, it just I keep losing the ability to look down. I 'll go back into the profile and show the head feature and it just will stop looking down. The only way to fix it is to stop trackir and restart it, but the problem will just keep coming back. I don't have any lights on.
So when you start looking down, the head moves but then stops when you get to a certain point, then the head resets?At the point that you can't look down any further, what is the status of the green lights in tracking window? Do you lose one of the green lights?Are you using the 3 point clip that goes on the brim of a hat, or are you using the track clip pro?JB

So when you start looking down, the head moves but then stops when you get to a certain point, then the head resets?At the point that you can't look down any further, what is the status of the green lights in tracking window? Do you lose one of the green lights?Are you using the 3 point clip that goes on the brim of a hat, or are you using the track clip pro?JB
There are alot of issues I'll try to explain them a bit better, I am using the clip on the hat. I'll will be flying and everything will be fine for about 5-10 mins then I will all of a sudden lose the ability to look down, I will open up the trackIR software, the three green lights are there and lit up, I can move them around but again they will not look down, in the head view sometimes when I open it up even though my head is straight and level its staring straight up. And even when I use the hotkey to center the view it still will not look down, and sometimes in the MD11 if I can look down it will kinda go funny then Im just staring straight down at the seat. I know you guys are not customer support but I really appreciate the feedback.

Guest Buzz313th
There are alot of issues I'll try to explain them a bit better, I am using the clip on the hat. I'll will be flying and everything will be fine for about 5-10 mins then I will all of a sudden lose the ability to look down, I will open up the trackIR software, the three green lights are there and lit up, I can move them around but again they will not look down, in the head view sometimes when I open it up even though my head is straight and level its staring straight up. And even when I use the hotkey to center the view it still will not look down, and sometimes in the MD11 if I can look down it will kinda go funny then Im just staring straight down at the seat. I know you guys are not customer support but I really appreciate the feedback.
First question... Is there a chance that the reciever is getting pulled by the USB cable to slowly focus upward, thus giving you less room on the bottom of the FOV of the reciever. If this is happening, then there won't be any buffer space in the lower portion of the tracking window for the reciever to see the dots when you tilt your head down, thus your tracking dots are going below the FOV of the reciever.Second Question... How high is the reciever mounted? Is it level with your hat, is it above your hat? Do this...Load up just track IR. No sim... Then open the head window and the tracking window... sit infront of your monitor and place your head in a natural "Center Position". Then pan and tilt the Track IR reciever without moving your head so that the three green dots are perfectly centered. Once that is done, take a piece of tape and secure the TrackIR USB cable to the back of the monitor so the weight of it doesnt pull the Reciever down which would tilt it up. Operate the Track IR for a bit and view the head window and the tracking window taking note if anything weird happens. Make sure that the range of motion in the 6 degrees that you want, falls within the tracking window. If at any point your dots go outside the window, then you need to move the reciever further from your tracking dots, thus giving you a wider field of view from the reciever. If you see any inconsistencies like while you are in the sim, then it will be obvious what the issue is. If the Track IR is just glitching after a while with no issues that are obvious, then I would give Natural Point a call and ask them to send you out an exchange box, so you can get another one in exchange for yours that might be broken.JBOh last thing.When the Track IR won't let you look down, does the green dots lock up? Or, do they still move?JB

Guest Buzz313th
First question... Is there a chance that the reciever is getting pulled by the USB cable to slowly focus upward, thus giving you less room on the bottom of the FOV of the reciever. If this is happening, then there won't be any buffer space in the lower portion of the tracking window for the reciever to see the dots when you tilt your head down, thus your tracking dots are going below the FOV of the reciever.Second Question... How high is the reciever mounted? Is it level with your hat, is it above your hat? Do this...Load up just track IR. No sim... Then open the head window and the tracking window... sit infront of your monitor and place your head in a natural "Center Position". Then pan and tilt the Track IR reciever without moving your head so that the three green dots are perfectly centered. Once that is done, take a piece of tape and secure the TrackIR USB cable to the back of the monitor so the weight of it doesnt pull the Reciever down which would tilt it up. Operate the Track IR for a bit and view the head window and the tracking window taking note if anything weird happens. Make sure that the range of motion in the 6 degrees that you want, falls within the tracking window. If at any point your dots go outside the window, then you need to move the reciever further from your tracking dots, thus giving you a wider field of view from the reciever. If you see any inconsistencies like while you are in the sim, then it will be obvious what the issue is. If the Track IR is just glitching after a while with no issues that are obvious, then I would give Natural Point a call and ask them to send you out an exchange box, so you can get another one in exchange for yours that might be broken.JBOh last thing.When the Track IR won't let you look down, does the green dots lock up? Or, do they still move?JB
LOL another last thing.. ;)There is a default key in the track IR software that recalibrates the Track IR to the center position. This key by default is F12 I believe. When things get wacky, place your head into it's relaxed center position and then hit the F12 key. Let me know if this helps...JB

LOL another last thing.. ;)There is a default key in the track IR software that recalibrates the Track IR to the center position. This key by default is F12 I believe. When things get wacky, place your head into it's relaxed center position and then hit the F12 key. Let me know if this helps...JB
I tried the tracker for about 2 months, it is okay if you fly in 3D, but since I fly the PMDG 747 in 2D most of the time, I got tired of messing with it. Sold the thing on Ebay.Jerry