Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

psolov

Will the Captain Sim 707 run in Windows Vista?

Just curious, but I would really like to get the 707 Professional for FS 2004 from Captain Sim, but it says everywhere that it is not vista compatible. Is this really the case? Does anyone run this in Vista and if so, does it run without issues?Thanks for any input.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I especially took the CS707 out of the hangar after a long time for testing: indeed it is not compatible with Vista. Visually it is still stunning but when you start the plane there is a quick interaction between an interrupted wining sound and the wait icon (turning torus), if the landing lights are on, they are blinking. After all engines are started up, the lights are going out and stay out and you can't get them on. But you can fly the plane...Rgds,Hugo

Hm, I hadn't noticed this, honestly. For me it seems to work fine, although I admit I havent looked at it with such attention. For as far as I know, you can fly the plane, autopilot works, switches do their job... I guess I'll go back and look again.

Hm, I hadn't noticed this, honestly. For me it seems to work fine, although I admit I havent looked at it with such attention. For as far as I know, you can fly the plane, autopilot works, switches do their job... I guess I'll go back and look again.
so except for the lights, does all else see to work fine? I would be perfectly happy just flying this in the day time if so.

For as far as I can tell, it works fine enough to enjoy it.
Thanks for you input, I will get the sim. I always loved these planes, in fact, I would really like to see a DC-8.