Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aryus

NEW! Aryus Works Citation XLS+

For those still interested, I found the airplane last night. It is absolutely awesome and even better than the Sovereign (my favorite aircraft ever).I don't know if I can post the link without getting yelled at so I found it at a place that starts with simvi and ends with ation. Search the library for "Aryus" and it'll be the first one up there. BEAUTIFUL plane.
I tried a dozen times yesterday to d/l that file. Every time it "timed out" about three-fourths of the way... Come to think of it, I don't recall if I've ever managed a successful d/l from there... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Posting pictures of a commercial product in the forums by the developer is a no-no. It's well known by all commercial developers. We also are not allowed to post threads announcing new products either in progress or complete.You're not a developer, commercial or otherwise. The rules don't apply to you... and I'm honestly puzzled as to why you are so incensed by our expectations of adherence by all commercial developers.
To start with, the pictures that Alex posted on this forum were of a freeware product. When he posted the pictures there was no mention of a payware version. There was no mention of payware until a "Commercial Member" on April 21, 2009 brought up an Eaglesoft Product in the hangar.On April 22, Alex stated that the XLS was to be released in 2 versions, free with more quality than the Sovereign and pay including a panel and 3d cockpit.This was only mentioned after an Eaglesoft representative brought up the subject.The next group of pictures was posted on April 27, 2009 again of a freeware product with NO mention of payware.Then on April 28, 2009 a "Commercial Member" was blasting Alex for advertising with no mention of the Eaglesoft members post.Then on April 30, 2009 another "Commercial Member" is advertising an Eaglesoft Product.You ask why I am "incensed by our expectations of adherence by all commercial developers." It is because the "Commercial Members" seem to hold their selves to a double standard and feel that they do not have to follow the rules as I have been explained by "Commercial Members" right here in this thread. While feeling that other "new" developers should be held to these rules. Rules are rules and are meant for all concerned. Myself included.As for the part of the "Texture Poaching" as mentioned earlier in this thread, I do not support nor condone this action. And if it is a fact that this has happened, then there are rules to handle that also.Harry

Harry Nelson

Yes indeed... rules are rules.1 - Discussion of a commercial product by a commercial developer is acceptable.2 - Posting of images of a commercial product by a commercial developer is unacceptable.3 - Advertising is starting a thread as a developer regarding an upcoming or released product.4 - Responding to another user's post(s) regarding a commercial product is not advertising.While it may be confusing and contradictory to you... never the less, we understand the rules and abide by them.In this thread: AZPowerPC was the one who brought up a question regarding Eaglesoft, Aryus and payware vs freeware. He is not a commercial member. I responded that there was no affiliation between Eaglesoft and Aryus. Aryus then stated there would be a payware version in response to questions by AZPowerPC. N2056 was the commercial member who then questioned these posts as possibly being advertisements since they were initiated by Aryus. If Aryus is providing payware versions of his works, he can not start threads at AVSIM announcing them. That is advertising.On a final note... I have done absolutely nothing you've cried foul over. I would appreciate it if your tone wasn't quite so accusatory towards myself.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest AZPowerPC

Bill, if you want the plane(s) I have them. I can get them to you. Can I be a BETA tester for the XLS+? I WANNA FLY IT! Bill, tell me how you would like it delivered either by a link or e-mail. My e-mail address is s.mcharg@realworldatc.comI'm sorry if I started this little drama we have going on here. At the time (and still) I was incredibly impressed with his "modeling" abilities. My connection to Alex's models and Eaglesoft was actually meant as a compliment to both entities AND if I showed frustration, it was simply because I REALLY want the XLS+ and when you want something and you have to wait, that time (regardless of the length) seems like an eternity. I get into the FDE so much I call Cessna and talk to the Chief Test pilot of the Sovereign and the Excel and get the "inside scoop" on how the plane climbs and the power of the aircraft as you take off etc. OK, I'm a bit of a nerd and like perfection. If he stole the texture...shame on him. I just can't figure out why, if he's that great of a modeler on what he did do, why in the world would he take such a simple texture (meaning not the most difficult part of building a model) and put it on the rest of his great model?? Oh well, that was rather rhetorical so no need to answer that one.Anyways if you want it Bill, you have my e-mail address above.

Bill, if you want the plane(s) I have them. I can get them to you. Can I be a BETA tester for the XLS+? I WANNA FLY IT! Bill, tell me how you would like it delivered either by a link or e-mail. My e-mail address is s.mcharg@realworldatc.comI'm sorry if I started this little drama we have going on here. At the time (and still) I was incredibly impressed with his "modeling" abilities.
I too am very impressed with his modeling abilities, which is precisely why I recommended that he be contacted with the possibility of being brought onboard as a contract modeler, although not necessarily for the specific model he is/was working on since we already have our model 99.9% completed. Currently the model is shoved into the back of our avionics hanger awaiting the panel's gauge completion...A link would be best for me. I'll email you directly.I also think it quite important to make this clear. There are actually two "Alex's" working on similar freeware products:Alex Guedes => Aryus Works"Alex" (or "Alec") Alejandro L. Rojas => Alrot's DesignThis discussion is about the actions of Alex G.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill wrote: "I also think it quite important to make this clear. There are actually two "Alex's" working on similar freeware products:Alex Guedes => Aryus Works"Alex" (or "Alec") Alejandro L. Rojas => Alrot's DesignThis discussion is about the actions of Alex G." It is regrettable that we've had to contact both "Alex's" with regard to illegal use of our textures.Be that as it may, we will continue to monitor both and will not hesitate to be public about illegal use of our work.If freeware developers wish to have success then it is best practice for them to do their own work. Use of our work in any freeware or commercial package will of course be pursued to the fullest extent.I've had the privilege of corresponding with the payware house which Alec G. used on his models and they were extremely displeased and embarassed over this issue.In addition, Sim Market pulled the product for the same reasons. I've held off discussing this with our attorneys in hopes that people recognize the serious nature of what has been done and mend their methods. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png