Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jay907uk

New User just clarify few things

Hi All,Am a new user of RC but have not installed it yet but I've been going through the manual and also the forum looking at variuos posts and just have few questions I'm currently using FS9 ?1) On the tutorials does it matter what 737 / Aircraft you use as I noticed it says sending the flight plan to the B737 GPS as I was thinking of using PMDG 737/747 as example?2) Am I still ok to export the flight plan to ASV and still ok to use ASV?. Or would you recommend to use the weather function in FS9? I did see that you need to untick couple of settings in ASV as this conflicts the ATIS message3) On the tutorials it mentions about selecting push back and start with some of my scenery I use AES provided by Aerosoft am I still ok to use the push back function with AES? or is there someway you can skip the push and start at some airports which have AES capabilality?4) When you do the scenery thing with RC do you need to install markerwys separtely and then run that as has slightly confused me?5) With flightplanning say I was using PMDG 747 I use FSBuild to get my route but I don't export the Flight Plan to PMDG / FS2004 Flight Sim Files folder? Can you still use RC or do you have to export the Flight plan to ie (FS2004/PMDG etc.)5a) Again Flight planning are you able to just type the plan into FMC without it being exported and still use RC? Or do you always have to export the flight plan to various locations etc?6) The AI traffic look programme what does that do exactly was slightly puzzled by that? And is it worth installing this)7) Just to clarify the correct start up would be Flight Sim first then RC programme?I'm sorry for the questions these are just things I've thought off that I've not seen in the manual or on the forum and just want to make sure I'd be grateful for any help provided and again sorry for posting if anybody can offer any other hints and tips appreciated.Kind RegardsJason Thompson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi All,Am a new user of RC but have not installed it yet but I've been going through the manual and also the forum looking at variuos posts and just have few questions I'm currently using FS9 ?1) On the tutorials does it matter what 737 / Aircraft you use as I noticed it says sending the flight plan to the B737 GPS as I was thinking of using PMDG 737/747 as example?2) Am I still ok to export the flight plan to ASV and still ok to use ASV?. Or would you recommend to use the weather function in FS9? I did see that you need to untick couple of settings in ASV as this conflicts the ATIS message3) On the tutorials it mentions about selecting push back and start with some of my scenery I use AES provided by Aerosoft am I still ok to use the push back function with AES? or is there someway you can skip the push and start at some airports which have AES capabilality?4) When you do the scenery thing with RC do you need to install markerwys separtely and then run that as has slightly confused me?5) With flightplanning say I was using PMDG 747 I use FSBuild to get my route but I don't export the Flight Plan to PMDG / FS2004 Flight Sim Files folder? Can you still use RC or do you have to export the Flight plan to ie (FS2004/PMDG etc.)5a) Again Flight planning are you able to just type the plan into FMC without it being exported and still use RC? Or do you always have to export the flight plan to various locations etc?6) The AI traffic look programme what does that do exactly was slightly puzzled by that? And is it worth installing this)7) Just to clarify the correct start up would be Flight Sim first then RC programme?I'm sorry for the questions these are just things I've thought off that I've not seen in the manual or on the forum and just want to make sure I'd be grateful for any help provided and again sorry for posting if anybody can offer any other hints and tips appreciated.Kind RegardsJason Thompson
1) we used the default ms 737, cessna, etc - since every one has access to them. 2) i would keep things simple, while you are learning. once you have a good idea what is going on, then start branching out.3) i don't know anything about AES. if you don't want to do push/start or push and start, i don't think it will cause issues down the road.4) the 4.3 install installs the makerwys from a couple of years ago. you should get the newest makerwys from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html5) rc can only read fs9 .pln files (in ms fs9 file format) and fsx .pln files (in ms fsx file format). fsbuild has the ability to save flight plans in the proper format. documented in the flight planning section5a) see #5. how you get there doesn't affect rc. just make sure the plan you load into your plane is the same data as the one you load into rc6) it's not required by rc. if you're curious about what the ai are doing, install it and run it7) start fs, load your .pln, click fly now. start rc, load your .pln, and click start rc. flip to fs, and start interacting with the rc menusmost of this information is in the manual. www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdfjd