Sign in to follow this  
Gumps

Your Favorite Graphical Enhancements for FS9?

Soft Horizons question.. Someone mentioned using it together with Active Sky and GE. How can you do that, as both of those programs overwrite your sky textures each time you change a texture set? Or in my case, every time the I update wx-influenced textures from AS screen?Does that not mean that the "soft horizon" texture is overwritten as well?
If you do it your way, yes the Soft Horizon textures are over written. I usually don't change my textures much so its not much of a problem. In your case, youd have to overwrite the files with softhorizon every time. What I do is I have GE pro for ground textures, than load FE Pro for sky, water, clouds, then overwrite the few sky textures with softhorizon, than load AS for weather, start fs9By the way, if you havent used Soft Horizon, please try it...set visibility to 60 or 50...and be amazed! you won't want to go back.

OK here goes......Ground evnironment pro with the park and forest textures from BEVUltimate terrain seriesFS Global 2008VFR terrain UK meshActive sky advancedFlight environment X SHD clouds Real environment pro, wx environment, sun, refelction and skiesShockwave lights reduxZinertek ultimate weather environment runway lights and rain effectsFS2night v2 night textures (freeware)Water is user preference....I use a mix of jazz art, aquarama and REPNatural world treesAirport environment 7 (freeware for airports that have default scenery)A properly configured embseries bloom fileWhen REX for fs9 is released it should cut down on the number of addons required. Also the runway lights from FSelements look quite nice from the screenshots.I've only listed visual addons but with these and good scenery/aircraft/utilities then I honestly feel that my FS9 not only performs, but looks better than FSX does at the moment. Maybe this time next year I'll feel differently but at the moment theres no doubt in my mind which shortcut i'm clicking on when i want to go for a flight!
I would like to know how you have configured your enbrseries.ini file... I always end up with something too exagerated.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Guest sonictherevenge

Hey Clum or anybody I have most of those but I purchased Zinertech night envoirment so I'll probably use that, and I use the Srtm freeware mesh from simv other than that I use the same payware stuff.I downloaded the freeware stuff and ready to install whats the best install method to not overwrite stuff..... Also what is the bloom your talking about in the last line.

I would like to know how you have configured your enbrseries.ini file... I always end up with something too exagerated.
Theres not much point in me posting up my .ini for comparison because its so dependant on which graphics card/drivers/monitor ect ect you use. I had attempted to use it several times but also felt it was too exagerated. Being bored one day i spent a good couple of hours playing around with it and in the end found a brilliant result by turning most of the settings down to being barely on. On my system this gives a bloom almost identical to the FSX bloom. Rather than having everything glow like mad, it now just enhances the whites and strengthens the blacks which in the end gives a very realistic depth to the sim that it was lacking.If your not sure where to start then i'd suggest this config as a starting point as it's pre configured to remove the harshness of the original.http://rs448.rapidshare.com/files/151742316/fs9.zip@sonictherevenge - See above regarding the bloom. As for mesh, fs will always use the highest resolution mesh installed for a given area so theres not too much to worry about when installing it. Remember to set your terrain settings in the fs9.cfg up though.

Guest sonictherevenge

Thanks Clum is there a certain order you use to install all your addons I just dont want to overwright something I shouldnt What is your prefered install order for your addons.