Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larshgf

FSMap - connection failed

Hi,FSMap is a program where you can have digitalised maps for flightsimming. It's possible to install FSMap and FSX on two seperate computers.I have tried to connect FSMap placed on a "network PC" to FSX placed on a "FSX PC" (as explained in the FSMAP manual page 14). The two computers are in a local network and from my "network PC" I can "see" the relevant folders in the "FSX PC" and vice versa. In the "network PC" I have allowed port 500 and called it FSX. The SimConnect has been installed on my "network PC" - SP2 as I have FSX + Acceleration Pack which includes SP2.My file 'SimConnect.cfg' is placed in the mainfolder for FSMap (on the "network PC") and it looks like this:; Example SimConnect client configurations[simConnect]Protocol=IPv4Address=192.168.1.33Port=500MaxReceiveSize=4096DisableNagle=0My file 'SimConnect.xml' is placed in the folder "C:\Users\Bruger\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" on the "FSX PC" and looks like this:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0"><Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr><Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename><Disabled>False</Disabled><!-- Example Global (remote) IPv4 Server Configuration--><SimConnect.Comm><Disabled>False</Disabled><Protocol>IPv4</Protocol><Scope>global</Scope><Address>192.168.1.33</Address><MaxClients>64</MaxClients><Port>500</Port><MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize><DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle></SimConnect.Comm><!-- Example Local IPv4 Server Configuration--><SimConnect.Comm><Disabled>Faslse</Disabled><Protocol>IPv4</Protocol><Scope>local</Scope><MaxClients>64</MaxClients><Address>127.0.0.1</Address><Port>500</Port></SimConnect.Comm></SimBase.Document>My adress is based on the following data from "ipconfig" in the CMD prompt:IPv4 adress : 192.168.1.33Undernetsmask: 255.255.255.0Standardgateway: 192.168.1.1OK Then,I have started FSX om my "FSX PC" and placed my aircraft on a runway.I have started FSMap and pres the button "Connect to Flightsimulator".After some seconds I get this error message...."Failed to connect to FSX. Please verify your SimConnect settings in the file 'SimConnect.cfg' and that FSX has been started"I do not understand this because when I started FSMap it was able to somehow connect to my "FSX PC" and build the database!Hope somebody can help me with this problem....Best RegardsLars - DKPS: I have only installed SimConnection on my client (Network-PC) assuming it is not necesary to install it on my FSX-PC!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First of all: Here's a typo:<Disabled>Faslse</Disabled>As far as I remember, I had to install it on my server as well, or at least place the xml in a rather unusual location (no. not what you think *g*)

First of all: Here's a typo:<Disabled>Faslse</Disabled>
Thank very much Darem. You made my day. Now it works well !!It's incredible how I became so hypnotized by this problem that I did not notice this typo. :( Best RegardsLars