Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MeneMene

some fs9 questions from fsx user

i recently switched over to fs9 from fsx cause my computer couldn't handle the newer one, and i have some questions;1. Whenever I right click to bring up the menu, the screen goes black for a second. This didn't happen in fsx. It also happens when I bring up the kneeboard and hit ALT for the top menu. It's kind of annoying- is it just me or is this just the way fs9 is?2. In fsx there was a view option where you could get spot views of nearby AI aircraft. Is this not in fs9, because I can't seem to find it.3. Is there anyway to assign key commands to spot view, virtual cockpit, etc.4. Is there any way to fly with the overhead menu on the whole time? If I right click on the screen, the option "show/hide menu" is greyed out, and I have to hit ALT to get to it, adn the game pauses.thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i recently switched over to fs9 from fsx cause my computer couldn't handle the newer one, and i have some questions;1. Whenever I right click to bring up the menu, the screen goes black for a second. This didn't happen in fsx. It also happens when I bring up the kneeboard and hit ALT for the top menu. It's kind of annoying- is it just me or is this just the way fs9 is?2. In fsx there was a view option where you could get spot views of nearby AI aircraft. Is this not in fs9, because I can't seem to find it.3. Is there anyway to assign key commands to spot view, virtual cockpit, etc.4. Is there any way to fly with the overhead menu on the whole time? If I right click on the screen, the option "show/hide menu" is greyed out, and I have to hit ALT to get to it, adn the game pauses.thanks.
To get the spot view of other AI aircraft in FS( I use CTRL - W to pop up a separate window and then keep hitting that combination to cycle through all the traffic. Spot view and the VC is normally accessed with the "S" key and panel "hide" with the "W" key. As far as the programme pause is concerned, somewhere in the Options menu (I think) there is a check box for "pause on task switching". Hope this helps.Gerry

1. Mine goes black too, when I am in full screen mode. That varies by video card and driver.2. As stated above, Ctrl-W will step through the AI aircraft in the area. If you want something fancier, you can download the Traffic Tools SDK (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555857) or Traffic View Board (AVSIM).3. Not that I know of.4. Only in Windowed mode (Alt-Enter).Hope this helps,