Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafvr

Why no picture

Guest rafvr

I decided to install FS9 into a spare PC and the installation went thru OK but when I selected "Create a Flight" the screen where a selected aircraft should be shewn was black. I tried uninstalling and reinstaloing but still the screen remains Black regardless of what aircraft is selected.I would be grateful if anyone could offer either a explanation and/or a solution to solve this problem.ThanksGeorge

I decided to install FS9 into a spare PC and the installation went thru OK but when I selected "Create a Flight" the screen where a selected aircraft should be shewn was black. I tried uninstalling and reinstaloing but still the screen remains Black regardless of what aircraft is selected.I would be grateful if anyone could offer either a explanation and/or a solution to solve this problem.ThanksGeorge
The solution I have seen offerred - and which may dependent upon the video card you are using - is to allow anti-aliasing (if you use it) to be controlled by the sim and not by the video card.You should be able to experiment with doing it both ways and see if one of them corrects the problem. Most video cards have a setup screen where you can select the option to have the "application" control AA.Hope that helps. :(

I've had that problem with a previous video card. When I would selected 8x AA in the video driver it self, it would show the black screen..when I used any other AA mode it was fine. Anyways...if you dont want to change AA settings..hit alt and enter to go into window mode, that'll make the picture come up, or you can just not worry about it, as apart from that screen, it does not effect anything else.