Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XLS_DRiver

Affecting turbine spool up time

Hi Gents,I'm wondering if anyone knows the parameter in the aircraft cfg file which specifically affects the amount of time a turbine engine spools up. By that, I mean the amount of time or delay between when a power change is made and the engine actually responds. In the old days, with turbojet engines on DC-8s and B727s, the delay was quite long and the engines were not very efficient. But today's turbo props are pretty good about this (I know, because I fly them for a living :( ).I had successfully changed this on the Aeroworx King Air years ago but now I've forgotten which parameter it was. :( My theory is that it might be max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar but I'm not sure.Anyone know for sure?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Gents,I'm wondering if anyone knows the parameter in the aircraft cfg file which specifically affects the amount of time a turbine engine spools up. By that, I mean the amount of time or delay between when a power change is made and the engine actually responds. In the old days, with turbojet engines on DC-8s and B727s, the delay was quite long and the engines were not very efficient. But today's turbo props are pretty good about this (I know, because I fly them for a living :( ).I had successfully changed this on the Aeroworx King Air years ago but now I've forgotten which parameter it was. :( My theory is that it might be max_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar but I'm not sure.Anyone know for sure?
I think it is 1501 in the aircraft air file "Engine Turbine" lower numbers = less more delay. 0.0001200Douglas

1505 - CN2 vs CFFalso, the spool lag in those old engines are only between idle and ~50% of N1%. then, is faster than you can imagine.