Sign in to follow this  
sgreen91

Wind Shifts

Hi,I'm trying to get into FSX seeing that more and more devlopers are moving over to that platform but I keep returning to FS9 due to massive windshifts.I've read all through the HIFI sim forums but all I see is its a programming bug within simconnect which MS never fixed before going out of buisness per se and there is no definite fix. Some say FSUIPC, others say disable this or that but its all speculation.Has or how do all of you fly with planes being pushed side to side violently all the time without having to turn off winds aloft; sort of defeats the purpose of having real weather.Any suggestions appreciated; I'm trying to enjoy FSX but these windshifts are just unbearable and ruin FSX for me.Thanks in advance,Sean

Sean Green

I remember noticing those wind shifts when FSX was first released back in '06, but frankly they just don't register with me any more. Maybe I've gotten so used to them that I just ignore them, or maybe the problem was solved when I installed Active Sky X. But more importantly I've simply given up making comparisons with FS9 and now I just accept FSX as a unique sim with a lot of peculiar traits which give it a unique character.

Mike Beckwith