Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stefltt

[MD11 FSX] Mag / True Problem

Hi,in most part of the world, we use MAG instead of TRU. I have a problem with the MD11. I am at Paine Field KPAE on runway 16R, heading 162.I tune NAV1 to PAE VOR in the FMC NAV RAD page with radial 162 : PAE/162On the ND, the heading is correct, but the dashed line for radial 162 from PAE is heading towards about 140 degree that means about 22 degres to the left which is the magnetic variation at Paine Field.Now I initialize a route in the fmc, KPAE/LFPG for instance, choose runway 16R for departure, then the runway display on the ND is also to the left, not heading to 162 degree.I have the latest MD11 patch installed. I tried with AIRAC 0903 and 0904.St

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A screen shot might help.Like you, I would expect PAEr160 to approximate the extended runway heading. The navdata does not have an affect on magnetic variation... that is all internal to FSX (or FS9). There are many airports where the current VAR is different from the old VAR in MSFS but I think KPAE is okay.Just for grins, you can check MSFS quickly in any airplane by entering slew mode (Y) and pressing the spacebar, which will point you to true north and you heading will reveal the MSFS mag variation at that location. If there is a problem you can try to repair the registry and turn off all add-on scenery.

Try the free registry repair tool from Flight1. Your indication is definitely incorrect.

Hi Dan, I tried the FSX Registry repair utility from Flight1, and it works.Now the PMDG MD11X is back to normal OPS regarding radial's selection in the FMC.Thanks for your help !St